Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I do have the latest released clover (released on June 5th) and latest released kexts (released on June 1st). I havent tried changing the SMBIOS to iMac13.2. Can someone please point to me to a full proof guide for changing SMBIOS or I could wait for OpenCore Catalina for HP Elite 8300 and see how that fairs and try to change the SMBIOS in that installation.
If you are using the latest Clover, the cause seems to be different from the display abnormality I experienced.
How about asking questions by describing in detail what kind of phenomenon occurs in which application?

If you are using the latest Clover, the cause seems to be different from the display abnormality I experienced.
How about asking questions by describing in detail what kind of phenomenon occurs in which application?

I had to move to ubuntu for now but next time I install catalina (probably after Sniki posts his Catalina OpenCore 0.6.0 guide for HP 8300), I will post screenshots. btw, the font rendering issue was all over, in finder, settings, terminal, whatsapp app, messenger app, vscode, native text editor, chrome, etc. I have two 1080p 60Hz monitors (HP and Acer).

hi

is it possible to upgrade to catalina 10.15.5 from 10.15.3 directly?

hi

is it possible to upgrade to catalina 10.15.5 from 10.15.3 directly?
Yes, but make sure you've got at least a backup of your data. Even better, make a bootable clone of your system drive that you can revert back to if anything goes wrong.

I gave into and went back to clover hackintosh after trying failing trying to get opencore 0.5.9 to work. booted up Catalina with clover, changed smbios to iMac 13,2 (also changed USB kext as per op). Ssdtprgen( not beta) worked after changing the smbios unlocking the full potential of my processor. Fonts looks better than my previous installations, I think, but it is still not as crisp as it was on Ubuntu. Gonna post the screenshot comparison soon because I am gonna install Ubuntu on a different drive.
Also, upgraded to 10.15.6 without any issues.

Thank you very much for the guide. It was the easiest guide to follow. I have HP SFF 8300 with i5 3570 and GT710. The installation went smooth, but It would not boot without usb installer so replaced the EFI file with the backup and now no issue at all. Wait, one minor issue-one of the usb 3.0 ports sometimes does not recognize usb3.0 drive, but it recognizes usb2.0. Is there a way to fix this? Once again, thank you very much.

so replaced the EFI file with the backup and now no issue at all

@Duke92 I am having the same issue. my hp boots with USB inserted. else hangs at apple logo indefinitely. can you please elaborate which EFI file you replaced and where ?

Thanks

Use the efi folder from usb installer. Just delete the efi folder in your hard drive and replace it with the one from usb installer.

Wait, one minor issue-one of the usb 3.0 ports sometimes does not recognize usb3.0 drive, but it recognizes usb2.0. Is there a way to fix this?
I had a similar problem, try deleting USBPorts.kext.

Back