Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

with which version of Catalina can I install the Quadro K600?
I would like to replace the GT710 ....
No need to change anything. Both of these cards are natively supported in all versions of Catalina. Just swap the cards and it will work.

and for the problem reported by @Geezad here?

How did you get an RX580 running - did you replace the PSU?

I just installed it - I took power from SATA power cable and attached the new cable (2xSATA>PCIe), no problems so far.
If you want more power, you can install new ATX psu and use the 8300 Elite-specific power cable adaptor, look for "24-Pin to 6-Pin Power Adapter Cable Modular Power Supply Cable for HP Elite 8100 8200 8300 800G1-30 cm" from online shops.

and for the problem reported by @Geezad here?
All I know is that the K600 has always worked OOB for me. If your Clover folder is correct as per this guide it will work. I'm wondering why the switch from the GT 710 ? The performance of either is similar. HD4000 is nearly as good if you only need to connect up one monitor to your 6300.

I didn't think they were similar. I thought the k600 was better, and then I bought it for € 20. I still need two monitors

I didn't think they were similar. I thought the k600 was better, and then I bought it for € 20. I still need two monitors
Here's how you can compare the specs of the two side by side. http://www.gpuzoo.com/Compare_GPUs.html
Enter the make and model of each one in the fields then compare. An example:

Screen Shot 16.jpg

The main advantage of the K600 is that you get DP 1.2 output direct to a 4K monitor with DP input. Using DP with mac OS is your best option for powering a 4K PC display. HD4000 only supports up to a 2560 x 1600 display. The GT 710 is better for connecting to a 4K TV with HDMI 2.0. That only gives you a 30Hz refresh rate. It can be laggy when hooking up to a 60Hz TV. The GT 710 is much more power efficient if that matters to you. Only uses up to 19W of power.

Last edited:
: Banghead:: Banghead:: Banghead:

20€ wasted! the price difference deceived me.
however I have a 4k monitor with DP

however I have a 4k monitor with DP
That alone is worth the small investment. You can run it at a 60Hz refresh rate. Not a bad deal. Just don't plan to play any modern games on it.

Back