Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Yep, Integrated Video is set to Disabled

Any other thoughts ?
I might be getting confused, but I thought you had to have onboard graphics ENABLED in order to use hardware acceleration from them....and use your existing RX560 for actual graphics output? The Intel graphics adds some decoding that the RX560 doesn't have....is that what you are looking for?

I might be getting confused, but I thought you had to have onboard graphics ENABLED in order to use hardware acceleration from them....and use your existing RX560 for actual graphics output? The Intel graphics adds some decoding that the RX560 doesn't have....is that what you are looking for?

Perhaps, this is true - however, if I set Onboard Graphics to Enabled I get a boot-loop after Clover loads

Perhaps, this is true - however, if I set Onboard Graphics to Enabled I get a boot-loop after Clover loads
Where in OBS can you check re hardware decoding. I have similar hardware (RX560 / HD4000) so can do a test if it is easy. I have my onboard graphics enabled and can boot.

Where in OBS can you check re hardware decoding. I have similar hardware (RX560 / HD4000) so can do a test if it is easy. I have my onboard graphics enabled and can boot.

In OBS Settings on the Output section, under Streaming there is a dropdown field for Encoder - mine only has Software, whereas it should give the option for Hardware acceleration.

Also, have checked using an app called VideoProc (free trial version allows you to see if HW Accel is available - Settings / Common / General and the Options button - my second screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 08.46.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 08.46.52.png
    344.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 08.48.33.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 08.48.33.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 57
In OBS Settings on the Output section, under Streaming there is a dropdown field for Encoder - mine only has Software, whereas it should give the option for Hardware acceleration.

Also, have checked using an app called VideoProc (free trial version allows you to see if HW Accel is available - Settings / Common / General and the Options button - my second screenshot)

I also hooked up an additional clean SSD yesterday and cloned my boot drive and copied the EFI over so I feel safer changing things a bit more easily now. Kind of at the edge of my Hackintosh knowledge, so am learning fast! :)

Hello
with which version of Catalina can I install the Quadro K600?
I would like to replace the GT710 ....

do I have to change anything in the config.plist?

Getting the boot chime to work in Open Core 0.5.6 with an HP 8300

1. Check that you have the correct sound wave file with the correct name in the correct place:
OCEFIAudio_VoiceOver_Boot.wav in EFI/OC/Resources/Audio
[One of the setup guides indicates the wrong file name, AXEFIAudio_VoiceOver_Boot.wav]

2. Check that you have the most recent AudioDxe.efi driver from AppleSupportPkg driver in EFI/OC/Drivers.
[@sniki, I may have accidentally sent you the old AudioDxe.efi driver]

3. Modify your Config.plist as follows:

a. UEFI/ConnectDrivers set to YES
b. UEFI/Drivers includes AudioDxe.efi
c. NVRAM/<redacted>/SystemAudioVolume set to desired volume up to 0x7f in hex.
If 0x80 bit is set, the audio will be muted.
d. NVRAM/<redacted>/StartUpMute can be deleted. UEFI/Protocol AppleAudio can be false.
e. UEFI/Audio has AudioSupport and PlayChime set to YES
f. UEFI/Audio/AudioDevice has address of HDEF Audio Device,
[For HP8300 it is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)]
g. UEFI/Audio/AudioCodec is set to 0 [for HP8300].
h. MinimumVolume is set to 50, for example.
i. VolumeAmplifier is set to 100 (for 100% of SystemAudioVolume).
j. AudioOut is set to node 20 (0x14) for rear line out green jack.
The node numbers can be found in Hackintool Sound.
For node 20, set AudioOut number to 335,544,320 (which is hex 0x14000000).
k. The first time, you may have to clear NVRAM on OC boot.
If you don’t want to have to keep clearing NVRAM, set NVRAM/Add/WriteFlash to No in config.plist.

The original chime that is supplied is the standard Mac chime. It chimes the Mac chime even if you’re booting into Windows, so I’ve provided the original and an alternative chime. Whichever you use has to be renamed to
OCEFIAudio_VoiceOver_Boot.wav and put in EFI/OC/Resources/Audio

The AudioOut node setting was not very intuitive. I thought I could get the HP speaker node 23 (0x17)
by setting AudioOut number to 385,875,968 (which is hex 0x17000000), but it was still on LineOut.

I also attached excerpts from the Open Core config.plist. These are merely excerpts and you need a complete config.

Attachments

• Chime.zip
    687.5 KB · Views: 63
Can anyone provide a link for a i7 chip that i can upgrade too? Perferably a US (local) company.

Can anyone provide a link for a i7 chip that i can upgrade too? Perferably a US (local) company.

I've had good luck buying i5-3570K on ebay for about $40, and they often have i7-3770 for around $80
or less. Buy-it-now start around $80 with same day free shipping. Both have Intel HD4000 graphics.

New egg has new i7-3770 for $160 shipped from Hong Kong, but you can often get a whole working used
Dell or HP with a 3770 for that price.

Back