Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

15b. To get the best of both worlds, we start again in the Tools folder, and run:

~/PRGen170/CPUFriend-1.2.0-RELEASE/Tools/ResourceConverter.sh -a Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4.plist

you'll see a new file in the Tools folder, called ssdt_data.dsl.

16. You need to combine the ssdt_data.dsl file with the previously created ssdt.dsl file:

open ssdt_data.dsl
open ~/PRGen170/ssdt.dsl

These should open in MaciASL. In your MaciASL editor, search for "plugin-type" in the ssdt.dsl.
Two lines above, remove the "0x02" after package (leaving an empty pair of parentheses), put a comma
after "One", copy the 5 lines starting with "cf-frequency-data" from the ssdt_data file, and paste it
after the "One," in the ssdt.dsl file.

The result should look a bit like the _DSM Method in

I've attached a combined file for an i5-3470 to this post.

Go to MaciASL preferences, and check that you have selected ACPI 6.2a and enabled messages.
When you're done, Save As, select ACPI Machine Language Binary as the File Format, and
navigate to save it in your

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

folder. If there are any syntax errors in your file, the error message will try to tell you what line they are in.
When it thinks its error-free, it will save properly.

17. Remove one of the Clover kexts:

rm -r /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/CPUFriendDataProvider.kext

18. Retain your /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/CPUFriend.kext.

Restart and you should have your combined ssdtPRGen ssdt.aml with CPU frequency vectors working.
Double check by running your tests again.
@LisaAlterEgo Just to make sure I'm following your instructions correctly...
If I'm following 15b, I end up combining the ssdt_data.dsl with my ssdt.dsl to create a new ssdt.aml. Then I use that ssdt.aml along with *only* CPUFriend.kext. I no longer need CPUFriendDataProvider.kext or ssdt_data.dsl to go along with CPUFriend.kext, correct?

Thanks!

@LisaAlterEgo Just to make sure I'm following your instructions correctly...
If I'm following 15b, I end up combining the ssdt_data.dsl with my ssdt.dsl to create a new ssdt.aml. Then I use that ssdt.aml along with *only* CPUFriend.kext. I no longer need CPUFriendDataProvider.kext or ssdt_data.dsl to go along with CPUFriend.kext, correct?

Thanks!

Yes, thats correct. The trickiest part is carefully following the syntax
of combining the two files.

Yes, thats correct. The trickiest part is carefully following the syntax
of combining the two files.
@LisaAlterEgo have you tried the xcpm method of power management combined with CPUfriend.kext ?

If it gives same results then i believe it would be wiser to switch to that method.

But from previous testing without CPUfriend.kext i noticed the Geekbench scores were much higher with SSDT.

@LisaAlterEgo have you tried the xcpm method of power management combined with CPUfriend.kext ?

If it gives same results then i believe it would be wiser to switch to that method.

But from previous testing without CPUfriend.kext i noticed the Geekbench scores were much higher with SSDT.

Yes I have tried using XCPM with CPUfriend. It results in lower power consumption and lower
Geekbench performance scores. Users @shuhung and @macbnb think it is
inappropriate for my Ivy bridge processor, but I used it for a long time. Without
XCPM, the Geekbench performance seems noticeably better, at the cost of the
fans running a little noisier.

I also used XCPM with generate and without CPUFriend or power management ssdt.
Setup is simpler and Geekbench performance is lower, but the fans are quieter. In
Hackintool it shows a power performance tradeoff rating of 5, which is preferring
more energy saving and less performance than other ratings of 4.

My build: HP Elite 8300 sff, intel i5 3470, 8gb ram 1333mhz, amd r7 240 1GB DDR3, 750GB hardisk.
I followed this guide, using FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC because in the master folder there is no VirtualSMC.efi file. I used clover configurator to use fakeID for r7 240, it was able to install mac os, but when it tries to boot from the hardisk, it stop during the loading, then reboots and shows up a message “Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key o wait to continue startup” and if I continue it fails with the same problem each time.
Do you guys know what could I do?

My build: HP Elite 8300 sff, intel i5 3470, 8gb ram 1333mhz, amd r7 240 1GB DDR3, 750GB hardisk.
I followed this guide, using FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC because in the master folder there is no VirtualSMC.efi file. I used clover configurator to use fakeID for r7 240, it was able to install mac os, but when it tries to boot from the hardisk, it stop during the loading, then reboots and shows up a message “Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key o wait to continue startup” and if I continue it fails with the same problem each time.

Try booting into your fresh install with the usb stick you used during the initial installation, could be an error with the way you installed Clover to your HDD.

Giovo17,

I have seen the boot loop with the IGPU misconfigured. Could you check if the IGPU is enabled
in BIOS, and if so, whether it is set to be the Primary or Secondary? Are you using the config2500
plist renamed as config.plist?

Try booting into your fresh install with the usb stick you used during the initial installation, could be an error with the way you installed Clover to your HDD.
I haven't installed clover on my hardisk, I never reached the mac os initial configuration

Get VirtualSMC.efi from https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC/releases do not use fakesmc.
Also you'll need to upgrade to a better AMD card or get something LP from Nvidia that works like a GT 710.
Thanks for the efi file. I'll try with this. For the gpu I couldn't find a gt 710 for a reasonable price, but I saw that the r7 240 is supported with the fake ID, in fact I've done this as you in the attached picture.
Could be a problem of my pendrive? I'm using a Sandisk UltraFlair 32GB 3.0, in many guides online recommends a 2.0 usb, but with mine I managed to actually install mac os on the disk...

Attachments

• FakeID.png
    FakeID.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 62
Back