Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I used the same one that @taskrov posted. All I did was use the python script to add the system information and add the updated OC file(s)
Hi Can you post the python script to update info, cheers

Hi,

I had followed the guide (at the top) exactly for my 8300 SFF trying to install Catalina, on a fresh new HD. I get to the installation step, and after booting from my flash drive to Clover, the computer hangs on the Apple logo (no progress bar).

I have flashed the bios to 2.99, made the same adjustments in bios, followed all the usb installation settings, had done this several times, and no success. Could it be I'm using a newer version of Clover than in the first post, and some of the check boxes are different?

Previously I had been running High Sierra with legacy boot and decided to upgrade to Catalina with the purchase of a new HD.

Any help is greatly appreciated, because it's difficult not having my main computer and I need to access to the files on my old HD.

Thanks!

Hi,

I had followed the guide (at the top) exactly for my 8300 SFF trying to install Catalina, on a fresh new HD. I get to the installation step, and after booting from my flash drive to Clover, the computer hangs on the Apple logo (no progress bar).

I have flashed the bios to 2.99, made the same adjustments in bios, followed all the usb installation settings, had done this several times, and no success. Could it be I'm using a newer version of Clover than in the first post, and some of the check boxes are different?

Previously I had been running High Sierra with legacy boot and decided to upgrade to Catalina with the purchase of a new HD.

Any help is greatly appreciated, because it's difficult not having my main computer and I need to access to the files on my old HD.

Thanks!
boot verbose to see what the issue is

Sorry for the delay (just got home from work), please see verbose below. Thanks!
IMG_20220811_233211_HDR.png

Sorry for the delay (just got home from work), please see verbose below. Thanks!View attachment 553025
if you are using the latest version of clover, then you need to add in the extra elements of opencore to make it work

you are better off learning opencore and ditch clover altogether

if you are using the latest version of clover, then you need to add in the extra elements of opencore to make it work

you are better off learning opencore and ditch clover altogether
Is there a guide to OC? Everything I've ever seen is Clover. Thanks!

Back