Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope you don't mind if i continue using it sir :)
i was scared to even post this but i wanted you to know sir
thank you for your wonderful work
He posted the complete EFI so that people would use it, that is the intention here. Make sure to generate your own unique serials/SMUUID and copy paste them to your config.plist. Important for working Messages, Facetime etc.

Last edited:
He posted the complete EFI so that people would use it, that is the intention here. Make sure to generate your own unique serials/SMUUID and copy paste them to your config.plist. Important for working Messages, Facetime etc.
thanks bro :) also i already did the SMUUID change using Gen-SMBIOS on the opencore site and all is good i also updated to Big Sur 11.1 via OC 6.3 all i did was update my kexts and thats it everything workd great aside from Apple TV the rest of sites like Netflix, HBO, Disney and so on i never used safari so i always use either firefox or the new Edge browser to watch my shows so all is good here :)

It looks like it's been updated to the OpenCore 0.6.4 guide for Big Sur, but I haven't tried it.

He offers another idea for USBPorts.kext.

Sniki and Acidanthera don't seem to recommend one setting in his config.plist, namely

<key>AppleXcpmCfgLock</key>
<true/>

The Dortania guide is a little confusing on this because it is pictured for Ivy Bridge,
but in the Dortania text it says it only works for Haswell+ or Ivy Bridge-E, not for
the i5-3470.

Sniki and Acidanthera don't seem to recommend one setting in his config.plist, namely

<key>AppleXcpmCfgLock</key>
<true/>

The Dortania guide is a little confusing on this because it is pictured for Ivy Bridge,
but in the Dortania text it says it only works for Haswell+ or Ivy Bridge-E, not for
the i5-3470.
The setting of the AppleXcpmCfgLock flag was set to true, but what was reflected in the display of "Intel Power Gadget" is nothing but Clover r5119 + FakeSMC.
If xcpm is reflected, the CORE MAX value of Frequency will go up and down.

I tried changing the setting of AppleXcpmCfgLock with Moave + OpenCore 0.6.5, but there was no change in the display of "Intel Power Gadget".
However, the occupancy of VRAM on the iGPU and dGPU changes.
This means that iGPU is assigned extra display work, so I feel that it is faster to assign work to dGPU with AppleXcpmCfgLock = false.
(It cannot be determined that the display has actually changed)

AppleXcpmCfgLock = true / false Power management is successful in both cases, so if something changes when iGPU = disable in the BIOS, I think that either setting is fine (I have not tested it).

Append:
With AppleXcpmCfgLock = false, I changed it back to = true because the following phenomenon appears when idle.
AppleXcpmCfgLock=NO why?.png

Attachments

• AppleXcpmCfgLock=NO.png
    AppleXcpmCfgLock=NO.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 64
  • AppleXcpmCfgLock=YES.png
    AppleXcpmCfgLock=YES.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
My bios is on v3.08 and it needs v2.99. What would be different?

The BIOS details are listed under previous versions here:

Version 3.08 was mostly security updates I think.

You've got it wrong. You need to first flash v2.99 before you can flash v3.08. That's why it says to use v2.99 in the guide. Most of these HP desktops don't have 2.99 or higher on them when they ship to the buyers. It's perfectly ok to use v3.08 if that's what you have now.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying to follow the guide but am stuck here:

Into EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI, make sure to add VirtualSMC.efi (included on the downloaded zip of VirtualSMC)

I downloaded the VirtualSMC zip and searched through the folders and can't find any file or listing for VirtualSMC.efi. Am I looking in the wrong place or does it have another name?

Hi, I'm trying to follow the guide
1st step. Put the HP 8300 info regarding what hardware you have into your signature. We need the CPU, Graphics and which HP form factor you have. Example: Motherboard - HP 8300 SFF CPU-i5-3470 Graphics- GT 710 Nvidia

Also are you installing Mojave or Catalina ?

Attachments

• VirtualSmc.efi.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back