Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't seem to get 3d. acceleration to work with this.Or rather it works intermittently, only to be lost on reboot.
Please help, I've been trying to fix this for nearly 2 weeks.

===EDIT: Nevermind. This was fixed by enabling AMT in BIOS, Thanks :)===

Last edited:
==deleted==

Last edited:
Hi BillyGoatGruff,

I also have a USDT and glad to have found your post. I tried it on Catalina and was not successful.
Would you happen to still have the USBPorts.kext file you made to get it to work?

I'm currently reinstalling Mojave now to try again.

Thanks

I got it sorted. I stayed up way way past my bedtime :)

I decided to try the USB Port Patching guide inside of the Hackintool v2.4.9. It may not be the *best* way, and I am open to trying a different approach. This DOES work, and all ports, including the internal header, are now working.

To see the guide, open Hackintool v2.4.9 and go to the USB tab. Select the info-icon in the lower center left icon. Up will pop a Hackintool Help window titled "USB Port Patching".

To use the steps, I first grabbed the SSDT-HP.aml file for THIS guide in this thread provided by Sniki. I opened it in MaciASL (Rehabman fork), found and deleted the USB section, and saved the file to a new name, SSDT-USDT.aml. I then placed that file into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and removed SSDT-HP.aml from the same folder. That should have the same SSDT content minus all USB stuff. I did this so that I would be starting the USB port patching steps "clean."

Because the USDT DOES have a USB Controller id 8086:1E31 (for XHC), I followed the instructions and installed Rehabman's FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in /L/E and rebuilt the cache. I then followed remainder of the steps exactly and finally installed the USBPorts.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and removed USBInjectAll.kext.
Images of the Hackintool USB tab post the fix are attached.
View attachment 405812View attachment 405813

Hearing wonderful things about stability for OpenCore - have you considered reworking this guide such that Clover is replaced with OpenCore? Here's the vanilla guide.

have you considered reworking this guide such that Clover is replaced with OpenCore?
Sniki has already said he'll do that if you search back a few pages of this thread.

Running this build with an RX580 and getting random crashes with some games. For example, Guild Wars 2 seems to pretty reliably cause the system to go to light grey or white screens and requires power to be held in to reboot. SSHd won't even accept a connection.

Thought I'd try updating Clover + kexts, etc. from GitHub repo, but still getting same results.

Any idea of what might be causing this?

Running this build with an RX580 and getting random crashes with some games. For example, Guild Wars 2 seems to pretty reliably cause the system to go to light grey or white screens and requires power to be held in to reboot. SSHd won't even accept a connection.

Thought I'd try updating Clover + kexts, etc. from GitHub repo, but still getting same results.

Any idea of what might be causing this?

How are you powering the RX580?

No - but I do have an interesting development: I decided to upgrade it to Catalina and the crashes have stopped so far. The game has run longer than it has hitherto so far and not only is it stable, it's also performing a bit better graphically.

UPDATE: Unfortunately this happened again. It worked a lot longer this time, but after about 2 hours it occurred again where the screens went grey/white.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back