Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the legacy roms a Clover option?
It's a BIOS option. It may be named slightly different by HP. Under Secure Boot section I think they call it "Legacy Support" instead.

It's a BIOS option. It may be named slightly different by HP. Under Secure Boot section I think they call it "Legacy Support" instead.

Oh cool thanks, I'll have a look and see if it does anything.

Oh cool thanks, I'll have a look and see if it does anything.

Its in two places. Under Secure boot there's a Legacy boot enabling option,
in the last Advanced menu on the right, there's a ROM options with choices
for legacy or UEFI rom for three devices.

Guys, i have some amazing news, these HP Machines are true pieces of gold !

DRM-Content now works on these HP Machines using Intel HD4000 Graphics.
If you are without a Dedicated GPU like me and only use Intel HD 4000 Graphics, now you can enjoy DRM Content.
Latest version of WhateverGreen.kext fixed that

Testing steps:
1. this boot-arg:
igfxpavp=1

2. Use latest WhateverGreen.kext that i did build from source (not released yet) which i attached here.

3. Download this DRM trailer which is testing sample on ShikiFAQ: example

4. Reboot and see if that trailer plays, if Yes, Enjoy !

So during this weekend i will:
  • Send a pull request to update ALC221 PinConfigurations on AppleALC to include the microphone fix and that way we no longer need for CodecCommander.kext anymore.
  • Update USBPorts.kext to include all viable SMBIOS choices like iMac13,1 iMac13,2 iMac13,3 Macmini6,1 Macmini6,2 and iMacPro1,1 by @LisaAlterEgo
  • Add Intel HD 4000 Device Property for DRM-Content (instead of boot-arg).
  • Lookup for further CPU PowerManagement solutions/Improvements due to problems with latest piker-alpha script to generate SSDT.

Attachments

• WhateverGreen.kext.zip
    203.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
  • Update USBPorts.kext to include all viable SMBIOS choices like iMac13,1 iMac13,2 iMac13,3 Macmini6,1 Macmini6,2 and iMacPro1,1 by @LisaAlterEgo

@Sniki,
Currently, USBPorts.kext can be created by using the Hackintool's USB Menu and the Export function at the bottom right of the screen.
When SMBIOS = iMac13.2 is used in Moajve, it is displayed with the following Port configuration.

iMac13.2USB.png

HP11 and HP13 are not displayed in Catalina.
Even if you edit the Info.plist of the created USBPorts.kext and change the SMBIOS name, Hackintool does not recognize the USB connection device with SMBIOS = iMacPro1.1.

The creation method of USBPorts.kext is displayed by the Info function at the bottom left of the screen.

Last edited:
@Sniki,
Currently, USBPorts.kext can be created by using the Hackintool's USB Menu and the Export function at the bottom right of the screen.
When SMBIOS = iMac13.2 is used in Moajve, it is displayed with the following Port configuration.

View attachment 456612
Even if you edit the Info.plist of the created USBPorts.kext and change the SMBIOS name, Hackintool does not recognize the USB connection device with SMBIOS = iMacPro1.1.

The creation method of USBPorts.kext is displayed by the Info function at the bottom left of the screen.
Hackintool - USBPorts.kext is still not appropriately generating USB2.0 ports (EH01 and EH02) and i have been working with headkaze for that.
Still a work in progress.

@Sniki,

View attachment 456612

Asural,

Hackintool relies on USBInjectAll for port discovery. As noted in post #2 of

Rehabman altered USBinjectAll 0.7.1 to eliminate relevant port entries for some models like the iMacPro1,1,
assuming that the internal hubs would not be used with these models.

The solution is to use the previous USBINjectAll, version 0.7.0.

Rehabman altered USBinjectAll 0.7.1 to eliminate relevant port entries for some models like the iMacPro1,1,
assuming that the internal hubs would not be used with these models.

The solution is to use the previous USBINjectAll, version 0.7.0.
Thank you for your teaching.
I had a hard time finding "USBINjectAll 0.7.0 (2018-1031)", but the internal connection of EH01 is now available.

In HP8300CMT, the internal connection of EH01 should be only HP18, so the following is displayed.

HP8300CMT.png

Last edited:
Hackintool - USBPorts.kext is still not appropriately generating USB2.0 ports (EH01 and EH02) and i have been working with headkaze for that.
I used USBPorts.kext only to display in Hackintool's USB Menu, but turned it off because using it with HP6300SFF i5-3570 SMBIOS = iMac13.2 causes delay in mouse operation and delay in screen display.

It seems to be stable without USBPorts.kext.

Last edited:
You may be right that it is due to using the older Sandy Bridge i3-2120 instead of one of the newer Ivy Bridge CPUs.
It is an old story, when I changed the CPU of HP6300 from i3-2120 to i5-3570, Palit GT640 came to be recognized.
"PCIe Lane Width: x4" is still as it is, but it displays the screen neatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back