Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an expert, but Sniki's HP2500config doesn't seem exactly right for my i5-3470 machines.
Hopefully @Sniki can chime in to clear this up for those with HD2500 CPUs.

Thanks @trs96 for the assistance.

I have on my ToDo list to update the HP guides (Mojave and Catalina) so i will add these important things on the guide when i update them.

For HD2500 i left a headless connector framebuffer on config.plist because HD2500 doesn't work on macOS and by that i assume everyone does use a dedicated GPU.
That way with headless connector those of you using dedicated Graphics Card do have OpenCL and other encoding/decoding functionalities that intel gpus offer.

About the imei thing, i think it's not necessary, i need to look into that a bit more.

Guides have gotten outdated recently but i plan ti soon update them.

Mainly left outdated because the hackintosh world is going under a huge transition/changes and i can't keep up with updating the guides every week.

Also im about to change/improve every SSDT for each of my projects acording to Acidanthera guidelines, they do everything based on Apple guidelines and on how their hardware works.
So pretty much almost every SSDT should have the IF _OSI (Darwin) code.
The reason is that OpenCore is becoming the all in one solution/bootloader for Operating Systems.

This way our custom SSDT for hackintosh do only load on macOS and not on other operating systems like Windows and Linux as they break things there.

By this we will also have almost no ACPI patches.

Also a side note: the upcoming guide updates for these HP machines and my laptops will most propably be the last ones with Clover/that support Clover.

From then, i will switch the guides to OpenCore and the guide for OpenCore Bootloader should be out by that time from our side.

If we should use the latest available version, could someone please show a screenshot of the custom UEFI drivers we should select in the new version?
r5099-01.png

r5099-02.png

I'm having an audio problem where the green standard 3.5mm audio port is not working. Currently my RX580 appears to be sending audio to a monitor, which I don't want to play audio... but my standard system audio is missing. Any thoughts on why this would happen?

Both VirtualSMC.kext + AppleALC.kext are showing up in `kextstat`.

Last edited:
I'm having an audio problem where the green standard 3.5mm audio port is not working. Currently my RX580 appears to be sending audio to a monitor, which I don't want to play audio... but my standard system audio is missing. Any thoughts on why this would happen?

Both VirtualSMC.kext + AppleALC.kext are showing up in `kextstat`.
Upload your problem reporting files for review.

Thanks please let me know if my submission here is correct for that debug report:
There are many problems with that config.plist you are using. Too many fixes and nothing in Devices -> Properties.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

These are the only 3 fixes you need: AddMCHC - FixHPET - FixSBUS all should be set to "true."
Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>AutoMerge</key>
        <true/>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AddMCHC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixSBUS</key>
                <true/>

I'm not sure why you are not using the HD4000 config.plist in Sniki's repo. You need to follow this guide 100% to get results. I would start over from the beginning and perform a clean install.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 3.jpg
    Screen Shot 3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
This way our custom SSDT for hackintosh do only load on macOS and not on other operating systems like Windows and Linux as they break things there.

By this we will also have almost no ACPI patches.
This sounds really important for everyone that is dual booting. I've always avoided dual boot setups for these very reasons.

There are many problems with that config.plist you are using. Too many fixes and nothing in Devices -> Properties.

I'm not sure why you are not using the HD4000 config.plist in Sniki's repo. You need to follow this guide 100% to get results. I would start over from the beginning and perform a clean install.

Hmmmmmmm, I literally thought I was using the HD4000 config.plist and originally copied that. I'm absolutely not sure what happened here..... Perhaps I inadvertently copied it over when I was rsync'ing the EFI (I really didn't think this happened)...

About the imei thing, i think it's not necessary, i need to look into that a bit more.
When enabling iGPU using Sandy Bridge CPU on HP6300 / 8300, set `device-id`` 3A1C0000` for IMEI (Intel Management Engine Interface) as follows.
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#Comment</key>
                <string>7-Series Chipset require fake device-id 3A1C0000 for IMEI</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>OhwAAA==</data>
            </dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#Comment</key>
                <string>Realtek ALC221 Audio Configuration</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <data>CwAAAA==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>