Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Asural 8300 Elite CMT, Core i7-3770, Sapphire RX580 8GB. BIOS version: 2.99
I use have HP8300CMT core i-5 3470 RX570.
The RX580 requires a power capacity of 450W or more. How is it provided?

I use have HP8300CMT core i-5 3470 RX570.
The RX580 requires a power capacity of 450W or more. How is it provided?

The 8pin BQ(-B) VGA cable from a 600 Watt EVGA 600BQ with the modified adapter cable that has fan control wire attached to case CPU fan so that there's no BIOS fan control error.

The 8pin BQ(-B) VGA cable from a 600 Watt EVGA 600BQ with the modified adapter cable that has fan control wire attached to case CPU fan so that there's no BIOS fan control error.
If + 5VSB is 15W or more, there should be no problem.

Check the connection method with the monitor in the manual of RX580 used.
(My RX570 only tests DVI, HDMI, DP 1)
Probably, it will be three kinds of output of MDMI, DP, DPx2.

I have 2xDP, 2xHDMI 1xDVI outs.

I have 2xDP, 2xHDMI 1xDVI outs.
Is the connection method with the monitor described?
DVI cannot be used unless it is corrected in RX570.

Well I just had an odd development: I'm getting video @ BIOS, Clove, Boot and in macOS with all 3 monitors.

I'll come back to this and put in my BIOS settings once I have some time (today is a hectic day).

I ended up using 1x DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DP to 3 monitors. Will take a photo of the config as well and add later as well.

This is a somewhat baffling situation even still.

Well I just had an odd development: I'm getting video @ BIOS, Clove, Boot and in macOS with all 3 monitors.

I'll come back to this and put in my BIOS settings once I have some time (today is a hectic day).

I ended up using 1x DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DP to 3 monitors. Will take a photo of the config as well and add later as well.

This is a somewhat baffling situation even still.
Perhaps it is a specification that guarantees three types of output: DVI, HDMI, and DP.

read the specification of the power supply, but when + 5VSB was 12.5W, in my case, I could not boot up unless I set the BIOS setting to "Consumption".
Even if you buy a new one. It seems that it will not be able to start in 1 to 3 years.

I'm going to sleep, you can enjoy the power test.

Hi All. I'm trying to update to Sniki's Mojave by doing a clean install. In the Pre Installation and after the boot loader installation is complete, I opened the EFI partition of the USB drive and deleted the config.plist file in EFI/Clover. Do I replace it with both files in Sniki's Repo (namely the HP2500.plist AND the HP4000.plist files), or just the single file appropriate for my machine? I'm running on a HP 6300 Microtower, so I believe if I use a single file replacement, I would only replace with the HP2500.plist file. Thanks

Here's the link for anyone that wants the latest Clover:

This is Slice's Github page and has all the releases from 5099 back to 5071.
Thanks TRS for this link. The problem I keep stumbling on is, these latest Clover updates have different UEFI driver options than those in v2.4k r4972 that Sniki used in his screenshot for his guide. Should we use the latest release v2.5 r5099, or earlier release v2.4 r4972? If we should use the latest available version, could someone please show a screenshot of the custom UEFI drivers we should select in the new version?
Thank you for your help!!

Hi All. I'm trying to update to Sniki's Mojave by doing a clean install. In the Pre Installation and after the boot loader installation is complete, I opened the EFI partition of the USB drive and deleted the config.plist file in EFI/Clover. Do I replace it with both files in Sniki's Repo (namely the HP2500.plist AND the HP4000.plist files), or just the single file appropriate for my machine? I'm running on a HP 6300 Microtower, so I believe if I use a single file replacement, I would only replace with the HP2500.plist file. Thanks

The choice of the config file is based on the graphics in your CPU. Since you are using an i5-3470,
you should only use the HD2500 config file. If you had a i7-3770 with HD4000 graphics, you would
use the other HD4000 config file. Rename the used file to config.plist.

I'm not an expert, but Sniki's HP2500config doesn't seem exactly right for my i5-3470 machines.
Sniki's 2500config Device/properties includes:

<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x16,0)</key>
<string>7-Series Chipset require fake device-id 3A1C0000 for IMEI</string>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>OhwAAA==</data>

I think this fake-id is really for 6-series chipsets, and my HD2500 machines configure IMEI as a pci8086,1e3a
(not a 1c3a) device. In addition, Sniki seems to prefer to config

<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)</key>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>BgBiAQ==</data>

i.e. the internal HD2500 graphics IGPU as a headless buffer with AAPL,ig-platform-id of 06006201
when the default is 07006201. I've tried both and don't understand this change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back