Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i am planning to buy GT 710. That will obviously work in Mojave and Catalina. Will it also work with windows 10 also?
Yes, a 710 will work just fine with Win10.

During the installation test of HP8100 last week, I suffered from the following problems, but now I can download the conventional installer from "https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372".

I confirmed that the installer for Mojave and High Sierra can be created, and confirmed the installation and startup using the guide procedure of @Sniki.

For those who want to create an installer, it seems better to do a load load by now.

Last edited:
does the catalina guide exist, the link in post 1 just links back to this guide

What is the HP Elite desktop model for Haswell based processors ? I.e the equivalent of the Optiplex 9020?

does the catalina guide exist, the link in post 1 just links back to this guide

You could've easily found it if you would've gone to Forums > Installation > Catalina Desktop Support > Catalina Desktop Guides :p

However idk why the link redirects to the same guide, it was working ok, anyway now it's fixed.

What is the HP Elite desktop model for Haswell based processors ? I.e the equivalent of the Optiplex 9020?
They are the HP 600/800 G1 desktops. They don't make for a very good hackintosh. The build quality is much lower than the HP 6300/8300 models. HP took a step backwards. You can still hackintosh one but it may not be as good of an experience as with a Dell.

They are the HP 600/800 G1 desktops. They don't make for a very good hackintosh. The build quality is much lower than the HP 6300/8300 models. HP took a step backwards. You can still hackintosh one but it may not be as good of an experience as with a Dell.

That’s too bad, thx for the info.

I have an RX580 card in this system for installation. What config.plist should be used in that case?

I have an RX580 card in this system for installation. What config.plist should be used in that case?
Use the one you already have. If you still have Nvidia Web drivers installed you'll need to remove those first.

I should have qualified - I'm going from an old previous-guide version of this system with High Sierra that had Nvidia to Mojave with an RX580. I'm trying to get the config.plist on the usb installer to work.

Tell me if this sounds right @trs96:
1) put the Nvidia card back in
2) uninstall Nvidia web drivers
3) power off & put AMD RX580 back in
4) verify the old system boots (no gpu trouble)
5) copy that old config.plist to the new usb efi
6) proceed with fresh install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back