Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part, everything works ok except:
- Once in a while the graphics drivers do not load, I know when it doesn't load when the dock isn't translucent and tabs on Safari are black.
- Some pages in Safari freezes the whole computer.

If anyone has a similar setup but do not have any of the issues, I'd like to know. I'm sort of new at hackintoshes so I'm not quite sure if this is normal behavior.
I'm not sure about the DP-> VGA adapter specifications, but are the BIOS settings set as follows?

Secure Boot Configuration:
Legacy Support: Disabled
Secure Boot: Disabled

Is the monitor recognized in System Preferences-> Displays?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the DP-> VGA adapter specifications, but are the BIOS settings set as follows?

Secure Boot Configuration:
Legacy Support: Disabled
Secure Boot: Disabled

Is the monitor recognized in System Preferences-> Displays?

Just to add, for this form factor, the highest BIOS versions is 2.90.

Hi Ausra, I just checked the BIOS setting and the Legacy Support and Secure Boot is DISABLED.
The graphics is working right now, under System Preference -> Displays it does recognize the correct monitor model.
I'll have to check next time the graphics doesn't work properly if it recognizes the monitor.

I have searched and read other threads about Safari hanging the whole system on some websites but none of the solutions apply to me. Guess I'll try Firefox or Chrome.
The last time the system froze due to a website, force reboot, the graphics driver didn't load so I did the only thing I have found that works to get it back working again, which is delete all the 11 Hackintosh KEXTs from Library/Extensions, reboot, then Step 3 of the Post Installation instructions. Then graphics works again after reboot.

The graphics is working right now, under System Preference -> Displays it does recognize the correct monitor model.
DP-> VGA adapter seems to be functioning.
Read # 1 BIOS-> Step 1: Update Bios and set the BIOS version to v02.99.
In my case, even v0.290 could not be installed.
Currently we are using v0.308.

I hope it works this way

Last edited:
Sniki, thanks for posting this Mojave guide for the HP 6300/8300. I've got a question about slow boot times. When I install the latest AppleALC and Lilu kexts to /L/E it slows down the boot time on my HP 6300 Pro. I mean, really slow as in over 3 minutes.
When I remove those two kexts it boots in a normal amount of time.

Here's the verbose screenshot. It doesn't KP, as I said the total boot time is over 4 minutes total. I'm not certain why the 3, 60s stalls happen with the IOHDACodecFunction message. There is always a third one after the first two shown in the screenshot.

View attachment 368234

I am having the same issue. I followed @trs96 high Sierra guide and hackintoshed successfully. My audio volume was low so i remember following this guide Original ALC221 Audio Guide with DSDT Patching Method.

My audio was now correct(louder) but boot time went to 4 - 5 minutes and same stalls appearing. 3 stalls appear.

I am using gigabyte geforce 210. I read your discussion and came to conclusion that issue is with graphics card. am i right ?

I am also planning to upgrade to Mojave or Catalina so please guide me

1. Which graphics card will work best for Mojave/Catalina ?
2. I also want to dual boot with windows. can you please point me towards right guide?

Thank you. Really appreciate your efforts.

Which graphics card will work best for Mojave/Catalina ?
If you won't be upgrading the PSU in your MT then get an MSI RX560. Check Newegg for refurbs with the best prices.

I also want to dual boot with windows. can you please point me towards right guide?
Install each OS on it's own drive to avoid problems. See the guides in Multibooting by goingbald.

I am also planning to upgrade to Mojave or Catalina so please guide me
If you followed my guide for HS then you'll need to do a clean install when following this UEFI hotpatching guide.

Question: following @Sniki's guide exactly, all of the kexts are duplicated from /EFI and /Library/Extensions. From what I've read here, this doesn't appear to be good practice. It is better to have just what is needed to boot/restore, etc., in EFI, and keep the rest in /L/E
I'm wondering what are the bare minimum .kext files needed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other for these HP 8300 builds?
FYI - My current system does not have anything copied over to the system, with everything sitting in EFI. I'm also running an older Clover: Clover_v2.4k_r4972. It may be seriously out-of-date, but it's handled every update to Catalina 10.15 with no issues.

FYI - My current system does not have anything copied over to the system, with everything sitting in EFI. I'm also running an older Clover: Clover_v2.4k_r4972. It may be seriously out-of-date, but it's handled every update to Catalina 10.15 with no issues.
Files have been updated but i didn't update the guide itself, Yes from now on i also recommend having everything into EFI.
Clover bootloader can be used even on latest versions without issue.

I also switched to OpenCore on my setup but i won't be publishing any OpenCore guide until the OpenCore Bootloader guide itself is ready in our side.
There plenty out there that copy pasted each other, but they are pretty much just a glance and not a real guide itself.
Only like 20% of the stuff is explained and not much else.
When it's ready i want to make sure it answers every possible question that can arise so it covers every option.

This link just loads the thread for me; has the link changed or am I missing something? Thanks
I think the guide is being updated, but the beta link is below.

Even with the Mojave guide, if you change "Creating USB Installer: Step 3:" to the following, you can install it as it is.
Code:
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume  /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back