Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded to the latest Mojave then onto Catalina today as well. Just did the update from System Prefs and all went well. As with Asural - thanks for your post! - it was 1-2 hours worth but it all went normally although I did have to step-in and choose the correct boot. Note that I'm still on the original install Clover and went with a Vanilla install so all the files are in the EFI folder. All I updated was the latest SSDT-HP.aml - we'll see if that was smart, but all good so far.
full

Latest Geekbench 4.4.1 Tryout is 3599 / 11105 which is up from 3576 / 10925.

I would like to thank @Sniki again, "Thank you so much for the wonderful guide."

+1. Thanks Sniki, Asural, trs96, Lisa and the other peeps on here that keep this platform going :clap:

Last edited:
Can it run CPU - HD2500 without dGPU.
It's best to use HD4000 instead of using HD2500. HD4000 has full support. Some of the CPUs with HD4000 don't really cost any more than ones with HD2500. The choice is easy. Buy a used/refurbished Intel i3-3225 and install it. Problem solved.

There are six Ivy Bridge CPUs you can use in your HP desktop that have the HD4000 graphics built in to the CPU. i3-3225 - i3-3245 - i5-3335S - i5-3475S - i7-3770S - i7-3770.

Last edited:
Im running Catalina on G2020 only HD graphic

G2020 is a CPU not listed in the HP manual, but what is the graphics used for "About this Macontosh"?

G2020 is a CPU not listed in the HP manual, but what is the graphics used for "About this Macontosh"?
The Pentiums don't even have HD2500. Just the generic Intel HD graphics. They were never used by HP in the 8300s.

The Pentiums don't even have HD2500. Just the generic Intel HD graphics. They were never used by HP in the 8300s.
Thank you for teaching.
There is a question in my mind that "it works with the HD2500 and why does the i5-3470 not work?".
However, it is not a question here.

Edit:HD2500 worked

Last edited:
We ’re reporting the reason why Audio disappeared.
If you start up with headphones connected, if you unplug the headphones after startup, it will switch to another output without switching to the built-in speaker.
If the built-in speaker is selected at startup, the built-in speaker and headphone output will be switched automatically when the headphones are connected or disconnected.
In my case, when I pulled out the headphones, it switched to HDMI output and Audio disappeared because there was no output device.

Edit:
It's unpleasant, even though it doesn't recognize this time and recognizes when it restarts.

Last edited:
I will be soon be updating to Catalina on my HP 6300MT currently running High Sierra with a Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card. In effort to upgrade and future proof my GPU beyond Catalina, do you recommend upgrading my CPU to an I7-3770 with the integrated HD4000, or sticking with my current i5-3470 and swapping my GTX 1050 for a Nvidia GT 710 or the MSI RX 560? My computer use is mainly for internet, mail, and rare simple video editing. Looking for stability and longevity with future apple software. Thanks.

Looking for stability and longevity with future apple software. Thanks.
The 560 will offer the longest term support that is for certain. It also costs a lot more than the GT 710.
I think that support for HD4000 will likely be dropped next year with 10.16. That doesn't mean it won't work though. There are changes with the new bootloader we hope to use next year that may extend the life of older customacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back