Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
how come that I lost my second monitor output with Mojave?
Is the BIOS output setting changed?
In my case, it was automatically changed to the following setting.
Advanced-> Device Option-> Integrated Video (Enable) GrayOut
Advanced-> VGA Configration Grayout

well.
just arrived my 8300 i7 to my home
tomorow i will open the box and see the state of the cpu......

sorry: the computer havent HDMI ??? then what port we use? the vga???? or one called: "Conector DisplayPort del monitor" ???
i only have vga and hdmi wire. I must buy one for the conector displayport???

thanks

Last edited:
sorry: the computer havent HDMI ??? then what port we use? the vga???? or one called: "Conector DisplayPort del monitor" ???
i only have vga and hdmi wire. I must buy one for the conector displayport???

thanks

Yes, you must use the displayport output (not the VGA) and you'll need a displayport to HDMI cable, assuming your monitor doesn't have a displayport input.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005644VGO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Is the BIOS output setting changed?
In my case, it was automatically changed to the following setting.
Advanced-> Device Option-> Integrated Video (Enable) GrayOut
Advanced-> VGA Configration Grayout
Thank you so much for your tip. I finally figured it out. My dpi-adapter was kind of broken. Only found out by chance - replaced it - proper connection - et voilà - everything works. Thank you again for your support

HP EliteDesk 8300 SFF i5-3470 3.20GHz using MSI GeForce GT 710 DirectX 12 GT 710 1GD3H LP 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

Looks like everything is working following the guide to the T. I had no issues at all following the guide. The only part that I am confused on @Sniki is the Power Management section. Lets say I choose option A, do I have to do anything or is it already done in the config.plist that you offer?

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.54.56 AM.png

Is this bad?

Last edited:
Looks like everything is working following the guide to the T. I had no issues at all following the guide. The only part that I am confused on @Sniki is the Power Management section. Lets say I choose option A, do I have to do anything or is it already done in the config.plist that you offer?

MiniBUU,

At the risk of incurring Sniki's wrath, I think its fair to say that the files at the HP6300-HP8300
repository have been undergoing some changes recently, perhaps in anticipation of Catalina,
and it is hard to tell if they are fully tested yet. I have not incorporated all of Sniki's changes,
so I'm not sure if my units are not performing as anticipated because I've failed to faithfully
make all the changes, or whether some the changes are not completely tested yet. I have
not noticed any problems with Sniki's simplified hotpatches as reflected in the new SSDT-HP.aml.

If you click on the config_HD2500.plist at the repository, you will see that its not set up for
option "Power Management ... 1. XCPM only." In order to do so, you need to change lines 86-90
where PluginType is "false", and change it to "true". You can do this with Xcode, Clover Configurator,
or another plist editor.

original config_HD2500.plist at lines 86-90:
<key>Generate</key>
<dict>
<key>PluginType</key>
<false/>
</dict>

In addition, you need to modify the KernelAndKextPatches dictionary and enable KernelXCPM.
In my i5-3470 machines, I also find that I have to enable KernelPm, or my machines hang
while booting.

I also noticed that Sniki has recently made additions to Device/Properties, e.g.,

<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>BgBiAQ==</data>
</dict>

If you use Hackintool's Calculator or Clover configurator's Hex Converter, you will see that this
corresponds to a ig-platform-id of 0x01620006. I'm not sure why Sniki selected this, as the
default headless ig-platform-id is 0x01620007. Similarly, Sniki has added to Device/Properties

<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x16,0)</key>
<dict>
<key>#Comment</key>
<string>7-Series Chipset require fake device-id 3A1C0000 for IMEI</string>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>OhwAAA==</data>
</dict>

This is an IMEI fake device-id, but my i5-3470 machine has a different IMEI device-id of
3a1e0000 according to IORegistryExplorer.

So you may want to double check some of the plist settings and see what is working for you.

If you click on the config_HD2500.plist at the repository, you will see that its not set up for
option "Power Management ... 1. XCPM only." In order to do so, you need to change lines 86-90
where PluginType is "false", and change it to "true". You can do this with Xcode, Clover Configurator,
or another plist editor.

SsdtPRGen.sh is working again with the update "HP6300-HP8300 Sep 15, 2019".
i5-3470 is currently being tested with SSDT.aml.
For PluginType, it is used as false with the setting of config_HD2500.plist to give priority to SSDT.aml.
The i3-2120 has not been verified, and is currently trying to run 10.6.8.

Device / Properties can be modified and saved with CloverConfiguretar.
The # 600 comment has been corrected.

The content seems to follow the WEG documentation, but is there no HD2000?

Regarding the setting of # 614, Sound was not recognized about once a week, but it was not a malfunction that could be said to be a problem because it works normally if restarted. DRM related questions have been modified to refer to # 614.

Edit: It happened regardless of the setting.

I've confirmed that SMBIOS starts up even with MacPro 6.1 settings, but I haven't confirmed that I can continue using it.

Last edited:
hi there. thanks for all your effort man.
i did all the steps & prepared my usb installer.. booted to clover
but when choosing the usb install nothing happens all what i ges is a black screen.

Help me plz if u have an idea..
You need an RX 460/560 (non-XFX brand) or better for working AMD graphics. RX550 is not OOB.

Screen_Shot_8.jpg

Some people have reported that the newer "Baffin" GPU RX550s work but not the older versions. I don't really know for certain. What brand of RX550 do you have ?
Screen Shot 10.jpg

Last edited:
You need an RX 460/560 (non-XFX brand) or better for working AMD graphics. RX550 is not OOB.

Let me supplement. RX460 cannot be used.
MacOS supports Polaris GPU, and it seems that graphics boards using Baffin GPU cannot be used.
Some of the latest products use Polaris GPUs, but the older ones use RX560 with Baffin GPUs, so be careful.
Products using Baffin GPU cannot be used even with BIOS Flash.

I'm concerned.
The RX550 is not supported by MacOS, but even if it is not supported, the Apple logo at boot time will be displayed, and after that, when I try to run the GPU, I feel that the display stops.
Since a considerable number of years have passed since manufacture, it may be possible that the graphic board cannot be displayed due to insufficient power capacity. (Is this scenario possible?)

Edit:
Since the RX460 works with the HP 8100, I tried to see if it works with the HP 8300.
It worked normally. Since when it's body!

Last edited:
RX460 cannot be used.
Why not ? Many have used them successfully with macOS.
Products using Baffin GPU cannot be used even with BIOS Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back