Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
As requested in post #1 Attach "Problem Reporting" files
Thank you Sniki, I did not notice if I did not receive a comment.
It was caused by using HFSPlus.efi in the "EFI Driver" collection instead of the specified HFSPlus.efi.

The installation is now successful with r4972 and r5018.

Guys please... Could someone write a step by step guide on how to update from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6 in our hp 8300 system?

Do I just go to system preferences and click update or do I need to update the clover boot loader first etc?

I have a perfectly working system and I would be very unhappy if I break it...

Thanks in advance!

Guys please... Could someone write a step by step guide on how to update from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6 in our h8 8300 system?

Do I just go to system preferences and click update or do I need to update the clover boot loader first etc?

Thanks in advance!
I was able to update without issues.

Only things I did to prepare were to:
  1. Make a backup of the whole system, including the EFI folder.
  2. Make sure Clover was updated (open Clover Configurator > Install/Update Clover). Be sure to checkmark everything in the updated guide. If you're updating to r5018, I chose to also include OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi since AptioMemoryFix-64 isn't supported in the newest version.
  3. Make sure all kexts are updated (open Clover Configurator > Kexts Installer). Mount the EFI folder first and choose "Other" where "10.6" is shown in the top right of the kexts installer window before you update the kexts.

Guys please... Could someone write a step by step guide on how to update from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6 in our hp 8300 system?

Thanks in advance!
Just update Clover Bootloader to latest version and kexts (which you can by clicking them listed on the guide as the links will send you directly to release link of each kext).
After Clover Bootloader update and kext update, reboot and then lunch system update from the software update and you can update like on a real mac.
I chose to also include OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi since AptioMemoryFix-64 isn't supported in the newest version.
That is wrong, instead before updating copy AptioMemoryFix.efi into desktop and then after clover update place it back into EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI (do the same for HFSplus.efi and virtualsmc.efi if they are not present anymore after clover update)

How can I update clover boot loader? I try to do it via clover configurator but I get a message:

"There were some problems contacting server of stable and beta versions".

Also, which boxes should I tick in the configuration of the clover boot loader? Again the same as per your first post?

I have a HP Elite 8300 SFF with i5. After Instaling the firstbBoot stops at this point...

WP_20190725_15_23_54_Rich_LI.jpg

Maybe someone can help thank you

I have a HP Elite 8300 SFF with i5. After Instaling the firstbBoot stops at this point...

Maybe someone can help thank you

How are you connecting your HP 8300 with the monitor? Are you using a VGA cable? If yes, I think this is why you get this message.
You need to connect it using a DP (display port) to HDMI adaptor cable, or a DP to VGA adaptor cable.

How are you connecting your HP 8300 with the monitor? Are you using a VGA cable? If yes, I think this is why you get this message.
You need to connect it using a DP (display port) to HDMI adaptor cable, or a DP to VGA adaptor cable.

I am using a DP to DVI adaptr and a DVI to HDMI Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back