Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide is outdated and shall be updated soon...

Thanks for the update Sniki, appreciate it and your work.

I had massive hangs on my i3 after the latest Mojave update, and would only boot overnight. Looking forward to playing with the new stuff.

Sniki thank you so much for your guide. I bought an HP8300 elite CMT (not SFF) in order to make it into a dual boot mackintosh/windows gaming machine.
Specs are i5-3570K (HD4000), 8gbs of ram (soon to be 16gb). It initially came with an i5-3470 which I replaced with the i5-3570K due to the HD4000 intel graphics.
Everything worked great.

I then added an rx480 8gb, which was natively recognised and supported. Ofcourse I had to change PSU first (which required some modifications and an adapter cable). It's not 100% finished yet. I added some rgb lights and now I plan to cut part of the side panel and replace it with temper glass.

It's a cheap tower with lots of potential.

All in all, I now have a great dual boot machine.

You rock. Thanks again.

Attachments

• intel.jpg
    intel.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 110
  • red.png
    red.png
    855.5 KB · Views: 150
  • rx480.jpg
    rx480.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 115
Sniki thank you so much for your guide. I bought an HP8300 elite CMT (not SFF) in order to make it into a dual boot mackintosh/windows gaming machine.
Specs are i5-3570K (HD4000), 8gbs of ram (soon to be 16gb). It initially came with an i5-3470 which I replaced with the i5-3570K due to the HD4000 intel graphics.
Everything worked great.

I then added an rx480 8gb, which was natively recognised and supported. Ofcourse I had to change PSU first (which required some modifications and an adapter cable). It's not 100% finished yet. I added some rgb lights and now I plan to cut part of the side panel and replace it with temper glass.

You rock. Thanks again.
Nice upgrades @madvinegar, im glad it worked out well for you.
I use mine as my daily desktop for hackintosh and macOS only machine as i don't have windows on it.

New update with more optimizations is coming soon.

Everything worked great.

You rock. Thanks again.
Good job on your modifications, I also replaced PSU in order to make GPU work. Question- do you also have that annoying NO FAN error at boot or found way around. Thanks in advance

Guide has been slightly updated and new files are live on the repo.
Enjoy !

Good job on your modifications, I also replaced PSU in order to make GPU work. Question- do you also have that annoying NO FAN error at boot or found way around. Thanks in advance

Yeap... I found a workaround.
I took apart the HP original PSU and took the fan out.
Then I wired the fan on to the new adapter (the one needed for the new PSU). More specifically I replaced the two bottom cables of the white pin adaptor with the green and black of the HP PSU fan.
Now the motherboard thinks that the original HP PSU fan is still connected (and it is tbh) so I get no more the annoying sound and error message. I just had to tuck away the fan. See the pics.

Attachments

• 20190724_075328.jpg
    20190724_075328.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190724_091525.jpg
    20190724_091525.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190724_093249.jpg
    20190724_093249.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20190724_094134.jpg
    20190724_094134.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Guide has been slightly updated and new files are live on the repo.
Enjoy !
I tried to install according to the updated procedure using Clover 5018, 4988, 4972, but it takes about 3 minutes to transit from the startup to the Clover boot selection screen, and I can not select the USB boot disk (the disk Do not show).

Edit:It was found that the cause was not using the specified HFSPlus.efi, and installation was successful.
スクリーンショット 2019-07-24 17.27.09.png

The 10.14.6 USB installation was successful using the r4920 in the pre-update procedure.
The HP8300SFF running on r4972 was automatically updated to 10.14.6 with the update function, but it is working without problems
スクリーンショット 2019-07-25 1.46.03.png

Last edited:
I tried to install according to the updated procedure using Clover 5018, 4988, 4972, but it takes about 3 minutes to transit from the startup to the Clover boot selection screen, and I can not select the USB boot disk (the disk Do not show).
The 10.14.6 USB installation was successful using the r4920 in the pre-update procedure.
The HP8300SFF running on r4972 was automatically updated to 10.14.6 with the update function, but it is working without problems.
As requested in post #1 Attach "Problem Reporting" files

Sniki,

Thank you for updating your guide here. I still have a couple of questions however.

I notice that you are now recommending the VboxHFS driver, but you also recommend
HFSplus.efi. Do you really mean we should install both? I thought it was one or the other.

Second I notice that your config.plist now recommends adding ACPI changes AddMCHC,
and FixSBUS, in addition to the old FixHPET. Is that correct and needed for Mojave, or are
you adding more changes to anticipate Catalina?

I also notice you have ACPI drop the DMAR table and "#MCFG". Are these needed for some reason?

I also notice that in later Clover versions, the driver files have been renamed again. I am using r5018
with

SMCHelper.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
HFSPlus.efi
FSInject.efi
DataHubDxe.efi
AudioDxe.efi
ApfsDriverLoader.efi

in the EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI folder, and eliminated all other driver folders from Clover. Any feedback
on these drivers is appreciated.

Finally, you supply USB definitions in your SSDT-HP and also install USBinjectALL.kext. I'm confused
in that I thought that USBInjectall was a temporary solution, and was not needed after the USB ports
were properly defined. Mine all seem to work ok and recognize USB3 dongles without the injectall kext?
Is USBinjectALL.kext still required? Are we exempt from the other port limit patches?

Thanks in advance for your comments and continued updates.

-- Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back