Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rysenko as @trs96 answered, the main reason for that is that i do see better results with SSDT rather than XCPM, Especially on single core performance which is quite important for the usual things.
Thats for me on i7 - 3770, maybe other cpus don't.

Although if you wish you can simply enable XCPM and PluginType=1 in config.plist by yourself.
Maybe other cpu models see similar results with both of them, if that's the case then use plugintype=1.

main reason for that is that i do see better results with SSDT rather than XCPM
I got similar results with my i5-3470 in that the SSDT worked better than using PluginType and XCPM.

In your first post you have AppleImageLoader-64 to be installed by Clover.
However when I go to install the latest version of Clover (4961) there is no option I see for AppleImageLoader-64. Am I making a mistake; is this file now not available / is it needed? Thanks

Hi everyone, recently changed graphics to RX560 to be able to upgrade to Mojave. Thanks @Sniki for great instructions. Everything went well except I can't get ALC221 to work. I have sound through my monitor's jack but not from pc's outlets. Tried everything, no success. Please help

Hi everyone, recently changed graphics to RX560 to be able to upgrade to Mojave. Thanks @Sniki for great instructions. Everything went well except I can't get ALC221 to work. I have sound through my monitor's jack but not from pc's outlets. Tried everything, no success. Please help
I have setup my ALC221 using this tutorial using this tutorial and it works great. It has continued to work when I added my RX560 and I can switch between HDMI sound and analogue line out (which sounds way better than the VooDoo method).
Note I realise the sniki tutorial and the pastrychef one are very different techniques, so I do not know what may impact things if you try this. However am keen to learn so please update the thread with how you go.

I have setup my ALC221 using this tutorial using this tutorial and it works great. It has continued to work when I added my RX560 and I can switch between HDMI sound and analogue line out (which sounds way better than the VooDoo method).
Note I realise the sniki tutorial and the pastrychef one are very different techniques, so I do not know what may impact things if you try this. However am keen to learn so please update the thread with how you go.
I've got this to work with this method. Thanks for help

Hello. Sorry for my english. Already a week I suffer with the installation. Hangs on different points. Does not show that the panic of the core. Specifications:
i7 3770
HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
16 Gb RAM
Asus gt610

Attachments

• 20190705_164809.jpg
    20190705_164809.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 48
  • CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 64
Hello. Sorry for my english. Already a week I suffer with the installation. Hangs on different points. Does not show that the panic of the core. Specifications:
i7 3770
HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
16 Gb RAM
Asus gt610

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

Serial.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back