Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the step by step. Clover is on it but not unibeast. I have to redownload that I guess
No, you don't need Unibeast, just the USB you've already made. That's how you boot back into the system to finish the install.

well after two hours still hanging. Port Boot? I guess I will try to do the install again

Pretty much the same thing, Got through Stage 2 and is stuck. What was weird is I moved my mouse over the apple and clicked the mouse and the cursor disappeared

Pretty much the same thing, Got through Stage 2 and is stuck. What was weird is I moved my mouse over the apple and clicked the mouse and the cursor disappeared
You should be booting verbose (-V) and then seeing what is causing the kernel panic at that point.

You should be booting verbose (-V) and then seeing what is causing the kernel panic at that point.
It appears my CPU is unsupported because those are the errors I am getting. It is stalled at Kextd stal(2),(240s). 'AppleACPICPU'

Unsupported CPU
Unsupported PCH

It appears my CPU is unsupported because those are the errors I am getting. It is stalled at Kextd stal(2),(240s). 'AppleACPICPU'

Unsupported CPU
Unsupported PCH
I'm not sure what's causing your issues, but I have the same setup as you (with the exception of my video card, a GT710), and it works fine. Have you considered trying to install an older OS (Sierra or High Sierra)? There are threads by pastrychef and trs96 to follow.

Unsupported CPU
Unsupported PCH
You might try remaking the installer again via the directions in this guide. Try different USB ports etc. It's perfectly normal to get those "unsupported" lines in the verbose info, that is not the issue. Even if using the exact same Intel CPU that is used in a Mac those lines will appear.

Last edited:
OK I changed cards now it makes it through but now I get "the white screen of death"

I appreciate you opening up your case and taking a look. However, no I am thoroughly intrigued. I cannot find any mini-pcie wifi+bt combo cards that have a usb cable connecting to USB internal header. ??

On the Dell Optiplex USFF and AIO, the mini PCIe 1x slot support USB via the slot. (This is common on many laptops, it is also just as common that the mini PCIe only supports the specific wifi card, so 50/50?.). So no separate wire is needed.
Wikipedia Mini PCI-E ALL mini PCI-e ports are supposed to support PCIe and USB 2.0.

I didn't know this until AFTER i tried the same AW-CE123H in the HP 8300 USDT and the BT didn't work in either macOS nor Windows (!).

So looks like IF I want this to work, I need to go with the solution which you implemented. Can you tell me more about the adapter that is has the BCM94360CS in it?
@phrozenpenguin, I decided to give up on the AW-CE123H for now. I ordered the same adapter as you, however, I ordered a variant of the Apple WiFi+BT card, the BCM94360CSAX, which as only $9 with free shipping.
Everything fits nicely inside the 8300 USDT, however, I cannot get macOS Mojave to recognize the Bluetooth. I've follow this Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide] , but to no avail.
Can you share what you did in your install? Is the AX variant really that different?

UPDATE: I've attached the gen_debug zip file

Attachments

• debug_251.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
@phrozenpenguin, I decided to give up on the AW-CE123H for now. I ordered the same adapter as you, however, I ordered a variant of the Apple WiFi+BT card, the BCM94360CSAX, which as only $9 with free shipping.
Everything fits nicely inside the 8300 USDT, however, I cannot get macOS Mojave to recognize the Bluetooth. I've follow this Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide] , but to no avail.
Can you share what you did in your install? Is the AX variant really that different?

UPDATE: I've attached the gen_debug zip file
Hi there. $9 sounds very cheap for a proper Apple card, but then I am not used to US prices. I don't know any differences between the AX variant - a very quick search and the AX version doesn't seem well talked about. If there was a readily available card that worked for $9 then I suspect more people would be talking about it? A further thread indicates the AX is an m2 card?

Does your wifi work? Have you connected USB internally? Do you have another USB device you could connect internally to check that the header is working?

I do not recall having to do anything special to get mine to work; apart from connecting to the internal USB header. I don't think there were BIOS changes, and I can't recall exactly what was needed in Clover re USB patching but if you have used a guide here it will be the same as mine. I just plugged it in, connected USB header up internally, connected antennaes and powered the machine back on and wifi and bt work just like on a genuine mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back