Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it checks all the boxes for what you want. You can use the HD4000 with Mojave right away.
If that isn't enough performance you could add a LP RX560 for supported AMD graphics.
Alright, great! I probably will end up grabbing a dedicated GPU for it down the road. But on its own, for now, the HD4000 should give me a pretty smooth and fluent experience with what I’m looking to do, right ? (Based on what I’ve been reading)

Also, do you recommend any low profile RX560s in particular? Thanks :mrgreen:

Thanks for your guide Sniki.

I'm happy with the MSI low profile RX560. In Clover/Graphics, I set RadeonDeInit=1
but do not inject ATI or any other options. On Cinebench, I get about 66 fps on an
HDMI 1080p 60 Hz Vizio TV. I'm not using WhateverGreen.

I'm not so happy in that I'm confused about many of the settings and kexts and whether
they are necessary. I upgraded from High Sierra and haven't used the new Multibeast for
Mojave and have only partially followed your guide. It appears that almost everything is
working, but I'm not sure how to test some things.

With regard to the Realtek ALC221 audio, I originally patched the DSDT and installed Lilu
and AppleALC. I've now removed the DSDT patches and am getting Headphone jack and HDMI
audio using Lilu 1.2.8 and AppleALC 1.3.2 installed in /L/E. The volume control works for the
headphone jack from my keyboard, but I can't get a microphone to work. Does your sound
kext make the microphone work?

I'm also confused about USB edits. All my ports seem to be recognized without any USB patches,
and with Clover/Devices/USB setting Add ClockID and FixOwnership. I'm not sure how to test
the port speeds, but IOJones correctly reports when USB3 are plugged in. I see that Multibeast has
a new USB patch for Mojave but I don't understand whether I should use it.

I installed the latest Clover 4784 prior to installing the 10.14.2 and I am experimenting with many
of the default settings of Acpi Fixes, of which there are 20 set. Most are applied as shown in my
bootlog, but a few say they are doing nothing. I'd like to find the minimum required.

I also see that the new Clover had a default Rt Variables/CSRActiveConfig setting that was 1e3 or 1e7,
something I hadn't seen before. I'm using 0x67. Is there something new here with SIP?

Any help you could give is greatly appreciated. I still like my 8300 as a cost-effective hackintosh,
and am grateful that the RX560 doesn't require special drivers, which makes updates a lot easier.
It would be nice to know what prior 8300 advice is no longer applicable and what the latest Multibeast
and Clover settings should be.

Thanks again,
Lisa

Thanks again,
Lisa
Thanks for your report on using the new guide by Sniki. This is based on mainly laptop hacking techniques. You may not understand everything at first but it would help you to read some of the linked laptop threads in the OP. It's probably best to avoid using anything from Multibeast and stay with the method shown in the guide.

When patching via Clover UEFI hot patch method you don't need the edited DSDT, that is correct. What you will need to do for Sniki to analyze what is happening with your system is to upload your PR files as is shown at the end of post #1.

Thanks for your guide Sniki.

I'm happy with the MSI low profile RX560. In Clover/Graphics, I set RadeonDeInit=1
but do not inject ATI or any other options. On Cinebench, I get about 66 fps on an
HDMI 1080p 60 Hz Vizio TV. I'm not using WhateverGreen.

I'm not so happy in that I'm confused about many of the settings and kexts and whether
they are necessary. I upgraded from High Sierra and haven't used the new Multibeast for
Mojave and have only partially followed your guide. It appears that almost everything is
working, but I'm not sure how to test some things.

With regard to the Realtek ALC221 audio, I originally patched the DSDT and installed Lilu
and AppleALC. I've now removed the DSDT patches and am getting Headphone jack and HDMI
audio using Lilu 1.2.8 and AppleALC 1.3.2 installed in /L/E. The volume control works for the
headphone jack from my keyboard, but I can't get a microphone to work. Does your sound
kext make the microphone work?

I'm also confused about USB edits. All my ports seem to be recognized without any USB patches,
and with Clover/Devices/USB setting Add ClockID and FixOwnership. I'm not sure how to test
the port speeds, but IOJones correctly reports when USB3 are plugged in. I see that Multibeast has
a new USB patch for Mojave but I don't understand whether I should use it.

I installed the latest Clover 4784 prior to installing the 10.14.2 and I am experimenting with many
of the default settings of Acpi Fixes, of which there are 20 set. Most are applied as shown in my
bootlog, but a few say they are doing nothing. I'd like to find the minimum required.

I also see that the new Clover had a default Rt Variables/CSRActiveConfig setting that was 1e3 or 1e7,
something I hadn't seen before. I'm using 0x67. Is there something new here with SIP?

Any help you could give is greatly appreciated. I still like my 8300 as a cost-effective hackintosh,
and am grateful that the RX560 doesn't require special drivers, which makes updates a lot easier.
It would be nice to know what prior 8300 advice is no longer applicable and what the latest Multibeast
and Clover settings should be.

Thanks again,
Lisa
Welcome Lisa,

Yes, it seems that it is currently the best GPU for this setup.
Also the settings for you GPU are the only things that you need to add for my setup.
I made sure that my files are like downloading the correct drivers from windows for this machine.
GPU is an addon which you have to configure accordingly.
Everything else (including HD4000 IGPU) is done for you.
About WhateverGreen.kext, i think you should use it at least for the IGPU part, for example if you need the IGPU to be correctly configured (Preview, Quick Look, QuickSync) etc.

Well, if i was about to document everything, it would’ve been propably long enough guide to not be able to post it. (Exceeded characters limit).

Well you shouldn’t be confused about that at all.
I made sure that every single kext, patch, configuration,etc is added because it’s needed.
I have a very long time experience (although we can never be perfect) with laptops, they definitely require way, way more work on hackintoshing than Desktops do.
Desktops on the other hand, are much easier to configure and work even with wrong configuration.
(thanks god they can’t scream from their pain sometimes).

One thing i can tell is that your setup won’t be working correctly if you didn’t fully follow the guide.

Audio: no need for patched DSDT on my setup, i use Hotpatch instead.
Audio settings are configured on config.plist and SSDT-ALC221 for mic corrections which is merged into SSDT-HP.aml (where all SSDTs are merged into).
CodecCommander.kext is used for that purpose, to fix microphone and wake/sleep verbs. SSDT-ALC221 is a Codec Commander configuration override.
That leads us again back to my point, use everything as explained on my guide, should fix your problems.

USB Ports:
It’s sad that i see all these desktop guides and setups with wrong USB configuration.
Yes they do work 2.0/3.0 speeds and recognized with Port Limit Patch but it’s wrong.
Like i said, thanks God they can’t scream.
Full documentation about USB Ports is covered there: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
You can read it and see for yourself.
I did fix all usb problems on my guide. Use the files from my guide, enjoy your Desktop.

All DSDT fixes needed are on my config.plist
There is no maximum or minimum, only what is needed.

RT Variables are set on config.plist as well, like i said, i made sure that my users don’t need to learn Apple acpi implementations and hardware configuration but instead just use my files and enjoy their Desktops.

Suggestions
- Remove all kexts that you are using.
- Install kexts that i listed, follow carefully the guide on how to install them, rebuild caches after
- Remove everything from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and only add SSDT-HP.aml from my files.
- use my config.plist, only make sure to add your smbios data for iMessage and FaceTime.
- you can also add those Radeon settings on it, don’t touch anything else.

Reboot and enjoy !

If you still have problems, read Problem Reporting section of the guide and attach files as request.
Use the script as it easier so you don’t miss something in the process.

Will look at the files and help you troubleshoot your problems.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Sniki

Hi,
Trying this build on a HP6300 V3.04BIOS, i5-3470 and Nvdia 710 and on first boot from Install USB, it gets to the clover screen and then onto the very first apple logo, at which point it immediately reboots. I can swap in a i5 3475s and pull the 710 but need it working with the 710 eventually so wonder if there is any advice on what I can try to get past this first boot issue?

Hi,
Trying this build on a HP6300 V3.04BIOS, i5-3470 and Nvdia 710 and on first boot from Install USB, it gets to the clover screen and then onto the very first apple logo, at which point it immediately reboots. I can swap in a i5 3475s and pull the 710 but need it working with the 710 eventually so wonder if there is any advice on what I can try to get past this first boot issue?
try booting in verbose for every installation step, if still panic reboots, try with nv_disable=1 to avoid issue till installation ends.

Attach Problem Reporting files if still issues persist.

try booting in verbose for every installation step, if still panic reboots, try with nv_disable=1 to avoid issue till installation ends.
Hi Sniki thanks for the fast reply.
Had a try with the steps described and found similar reboot point, then went into clovers PCI devices - Custom Properties and turned off everything in there and tried that together with your suggestions and it seems to be getting thru it. I shall report back later but atm moment every other reboot brings up a "Your machine had a problem and restarted message from apple" but on next reboot the install is making progress. thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Hi Sniki thanks for the fast reply.
Had a try with the steps described and found similar reboot point, then went into the pci config and turned off the gpu things there and tried that together with your suggestions and it seems to be getting thru it. I shall report back later but atm moment every reboot brings up a "Your machine had a problem and restarted message from apple" but on next reboot the install is making progress. thanks for the help and Ill edit this later with proper worded details.
Thanks for providing the feedback.

At this point I will make two config.plist files or completely remove the APPL,ig-platform-id entry and device-id entry from config.plist
- config_hd4000.plist
- config_others.plist

this seems to be a better solution for non HD4000 users, but I think it would be better to leave a single config.plist and just add the graphics section on the guide for the customizations on post install.

- config_hd4000.plist
- config_others.plist
All working here but not likely to be as good as it could be - used the text section of clover config to cut out the bits that I thought needed outing, but no real confidence in my decisions there and made a couple of other changes and ended up with attached config which;
Does not have nv_disable=1 or Inject NVdia but does have
Nvidia Generic - set in graphics
Also pulled out whatevergreen from kext folder
Tried a few configs but many gave me only 9mb of ram on card.
Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back