Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are using Clover as per the guide ? If so, press the space bar at the Clover menu. Then make the selection for verbose booting. That will show you hundreds of lines of text once you try to boot to the installer. Take a picture of that where it stops then post it here for review.
Okay, this is what I've got

Attachments

• IMG_5249.JPG
    IMG_5249.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
sometimes you see the Apple logo but never see the progress bar because there is an early kernel
panic, sometimes because there is a missing or corrupted driver, kext, or ACPI file. You can also
have an incompatibility if you have old files around from clover or earlier OC's. Try putting it in verbose
mode with a -v boot argument and double check that you have all the needed files, and that your
config points to the right place for all of them.

If you're still not making progress, you might try enabling the tools for CleanNvRam and ResetSystem.
For a thorough reset, CleanNvram, then ResetSystem, then when it reboots, go to HP's Bios program,
"Hewlett-Packard Setup Utility", navigate to Advanced -> Management Operations, and Enable
"Unconfigure AMT/ME." When you quit, it will reboot and ask if you still want to Unconfigure,
enter a Y. It might take two boots to get everything settled afterwards.

You also might want to go ahead and update the BIOS to version 3.08.
I've attached a pic of verbose mode

Attachments

• IMG_5249.JPG
    IMG_5249.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
I pulled my drive from the HP6300 and plugged it into my laptop and saw that the EFI partition wasn't mounted when I went to check kexts. I'm going to try Clover one more time and see if it sticks.
If you are using VBoxHFS try replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
I'll do this afterwards if it doesn't work

the EFI partition wasn't mounted when I went to check kexts
It's not supposed to be mounted, it's a hidden partition. You have to mount it yourself. The EFI mounter V3 app works well. It's in downloads on this site.

It's not supposed to be mounted, it's a hidden partition. You have to mount it yourself. The EFI mounter V3 app works well. It's in downloads on this site.
Ah. Gotcha... I'll do this first then

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 12.22.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 12.22.56 PM.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 46
You incorrectly have VirtualSMC.kext in your /drivers/UEFI folder, should be in /kexts/Other.
I fixed this but the problem persists. I tried verbose mode again and got the same exact results. Do I just need to wipe the drive and start over again?

Do I just need to wipe the drive and start over again?
I doubt that that will accomplish anything.
Your problem probably lies with your Clover config/drivers/kexts but it is not impossible that your BIOS settings are incorrect too. Hard to define the actual cause based on the information presented.
If you follow this guide it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back