I5-3470
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here's the link for anyone that wants the latest Clover:

This is Slice's Github page and has all the releases from 5099 back to 5071.
Thanks TRS for this link. The problem I keep stumbling on is, these latest Clover updates have different UEFI driver options than those in v2.4k r4972 that Sniki used in his screenshot for his guide. Should we use the latest release v2.5 r5099, or earlier release v2.4 r4972? If we should use the latest available version, could someone please show a screenshot of the custom UEFI drivers we should select in the new version?
Thank you for your help!!

Motherboard
HP 8300 - 3.08
CPU
i5-3470, i5-3570, i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 560, RX 570, GT730
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Hi All. I'm trying to update to Sniki's Mojave by doing a clean install. In the Pre Installation and after the boot loader installation is complete, I opened the EFI partition of the USB drive and deleted the config.plist file in EFI/Clover. Do I replace it with both files in Sniki's Repo (namely the HP2500.plist AND the HP4000.plist files), or just the single file appropriate for my machine? I'm running on a HP 6300 Microtower, so I believe if I use a single file replacement, I would only replace with the HP2500.plist file. Thanks
The choice of the config file is based on the graphics in your CPU. Since you are using an i5-3470,
you should only use the HD2500 config file. If you had a i7-3770 with HD4000 graphics, you would
use the other HD4000 config file. Rename the used file to config.plist.

I'm not an expert, but Sniki's HP2500config doesn't seem exactly right for my i5-3470 machines.
Sniki's 2500config Device/properties includes:

<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x16,0)</key>
<string>7-Series Chipset require fake device-id 3A1C0000 for IMEI</string>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>OhwAAA==</data>

I think this fake-id is really for 6-series chipsets, and my HD2500 machines configure IMEI as a pci8086,1e3a
(not a 1c3a) device. In addition, Sniki seems to prefer to config

<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)</key>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>BgBiAQ==</data>

i.e. the internal HD2500 graphics IGPU as a headless buffer with AAPL,ig-platform-id of 06006201
when the default is 07006201. I've tried both and don't understand this change.

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm not an expert, but Sniki's HP2500config doesn't seem exactly right for my i5-3470 machines.
Hopefully @Sniki can chime in to clear this up for those with HD2500 CPUs.

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks @trs96 for the assistance.

I have on my ToDo list to update the HP guides (Mojave and Catalina) so i will add these important things on the guide when i update them.

For HD2500 i left a headless connector framebuffer on config.plist because HD2500 doesn't work on macOS and by that i assume everyone does use a dedicated GPU.
That way with headless connector those of you using dedicated Graphics Card do have OpenCL and other encoding/decoding functionalities that intel gpus offer.

About the imei thing, i think it's not necessary, i need to look into that a bit more.

Guides have gotten outdated recently but i plan ti soon update them.

Mainly left outdated because the hackintosh world is going under a huge transition/changes and i can't keep up with updating the guides every week.

Also im about to change/improve every SSDT for each of my projects acording to Acidanthera guidelines, they do everything based on Apple guidelines and on how their hardware works.
So pretty much almost every SSDT should have the IF _OSI (Darwin) code.
The reason is that OpenCore is becoming the all in one solution/bootloader for Operating Systems.

This way our custom SSDT for hackintosh do only load on macOS and not on other operating systems like Windows and Linux as they break things there.

By this we will also have almost no ACPI patches.

Also a side note: the upcoming guide updates for these HP machines and my laptops will most propably be the last ones with Clover/that support Clover.

From then, i will switch the guides to OpenCore and the guide for OpenCore Bootloader should be out by that time from our side.

Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF-V3.08
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, Quadra, SE/30
If we should use the latest available version, could someone please show a screenshot of the custom UEFI drivers we should select in the new version?
r5099-01.png

r5099-02.png

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 530
CPU
Q9650
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I'm having an audio problem where the green standard 3.5mm audio port is not working. Currently my RX580 appears to be sending audio to a monitor, which I don't want to play audio... but my standard system audio is missing. Any thoughts on why this would happen?

Both VirtualSMC.kext + AppleALC.kext are showing up in `kextstat`.

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm having an audio problem where the green standard 3.5mm audio port is not working. Currently my RX580 appears to be sending audio to a monitor, which I don't want to play audio... but my standard system audio is missing. Any thoughts on why this would happen?

Both VirtualSMC.kext + AppleALC.kext are showing up in `kextstat`.
Upload your problem reporting files for review.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks please let me know if my submission here is correct for that debug report:
There are many problems with that config.plist you are using. Too many fixes and nothing in Devices -> Properties.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

These are the only 3 fixes you need: AddMCHC - FixHPET - FixSBUS all should be set to "true."
Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>AutoMerge</key>
        <true/>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AddMCHC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixSBUS</key>
                <true/>
I'm not sure why you are not using the HD4000 config.plist in Sniki's repo. You need to follow this guide 100% to get results. I would start over from the beginning and perform a clean install.

Attachments

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
This way our custom SSDT for hackintosh do only load on macOS and not on other operating systems like Windows and Linux as they break things there.

By this we will also have almost no ACPI patches.
This sounds really important for everyone that is dual booting. I've always avoided dual boot setups for these very reasons.