Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 @certainReasons
I did push the final fixes for USB Ports and done the final edits as Rehabman requested.
iMac 13,1 / iMac 13,2 / iMac 13,3 SMBIOS do have override - custom injector in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext /contents/plugins/AppleUSBHub.kext /contents/info.plist that injects a PRT1,PRT3,PRT8 ports into EH01 > PR11 like seen in the picture below:
USB.png
These ports do cause issues with USB ports, even after creating custom usb injector with SSDT, these ports will still be injected thus overriding/bypassing our usb injector.

There are two ways we can override this issue.

Solution 1:

Best way as Rehabman suggested:
I would probably use Macmini6,1 instead. WhateverGreen.kext can workaround SMBIOS issues with DGPU.
Switch to Macmini6,1 SMBIOS:
- No need to edit the kext after every single update
- We are actually using the AAPL,ig-platform-id of Macmini6,1 for HD4000 Desktop graphics anyway
- Graphics configurations are overriden by WhateverGreen.kext anyway
- Others things like Power Management etc, are overriden by ACPI, congig.plist & kexts thus leaving the impact of SMBIOS more of a cosmetical thing.

Pushed the changes for this on Github

Solution 2:
Edit the explained info.plist of the kext by removing the injected ports.

- Copy IOUSBHostFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ to desktop
- Right click on IOUSBHostFamily.kext that we copied on desktop and press "Show Package Contents"
- go to contents/plugins/AppleUSBHub.kext - Right click it and press "Show Package Contents"
- go to contents/info.plist right click and "Open With" either PlistEditPro or Xcode
- go to IOKitPersonalities/ and select the lines of code selected/highlighted like on the screenshot above and delete those lines.
- Save the file.

Open terminal
Code:
cd desktop
sudo cp -R IOUSBHostFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
Rebuild caches
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and USB ports are working.

Keep in mind that Solution 2 will be necessary after each macOS Update or Security Update & no actual benefit from it compared to Solution 1

Personally i will use Solution 1 for everyone who wants to use my guide and the files on github are configured accordingly to that.
Thanks to @RehabMan this gives an end to USB Problems.

@trs96 try this Audio configuration.

- Remove AppleALC.kext from both EFI/Clover/kexts/other and Library/Extensions/
- Install ALC221.kext into /Library/Extensions/
- rebuild caches
- Add the kextstopatch patches into config.plist/Kernel and kext patches/ that i attached into kextstopatch.plist where you can copy them from.
- into config.plist /Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)/ change layout-id from 11 to 10
- Reboot

Report back with results.

Attachments

• ALC221.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 98
Add the kextstopatch patches into config.plist/Kernel and kext patches/ that i attached into kextstopatch.plist where you can copy them from
Where is this ? EDIT: Found it in the ALC 221 folder.

Report back with results.

Boots in the normal time now but ALC221 audio doesn't work with the new ALC221 kext.

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 7.49.05 PM.png

Attachments

• debug_17870.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Going back to this, I noticed the system only has 4GB of RAM. For things like Xcode and Swift dev., I would def. need a minimum of 8GB. Do you have another link to a system with 8GB of RAM or do you recommend any RAM models that are compatible with this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-COMPAQ-...h=item4689a6e700:g:c4oAAOSw21Rb6y2~:rk:5:pf:0
If you want to go up to 16GB see what this has in it first and get another matched 2 x 4GB kit. Likely it will be Samsung 1600 MHz ram.

Is this posting/system as "trusted" as the 1-year "warranty" from the NewEgg one? It seems to say "eBay Money Back Guarantee" but I don't have that much experience with eBay, so don't really know the details of that as compared to NewEgg.
You could email the seller and ask what their policy is. Their seller ratings look great.

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 9.21.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back