Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem with almost the same configuration(only processor slightly different - i5-3470).
I don't know how to fix this problem, but I'll try to install Mojave by following @trs96 instruction and will report how it went.
As Sniki hasn't been able to check in lately I'll give those trying this some advice. For the latest version of Mojave try using another newer version of Clover, simply make the same Drivers64UEFI choices as is shown in this guide. I think 4910 is the most current version. Remake your installer with that. Try the install again.

Here's a quick refresher on what to select in UEFI drivers during the Customize Clover 4910 setup:

I'm not sure why AppleImageLoader-64 is not available as a choice in 4910. Anybody know why ?

Last edited:
As Sniki hasn't been able to check in lately I'll give those trying this some advice. For the latest version of Mojave try using another newer version of Clover, simply make the same Drivers64UEFI choices as is shown in this guide. I think 4910 is the most current version. Remake your installer with that. Try the install again.
Here's a quick refresher on what to select in UEFI drivers during the USB Clover 4910 setup:
View attachment 398962

I'm not sure why AppleImageLoader-64 is not available as a choice in 4910. Anybody know why ?
Thanks @trs96, with new clover it worked like a charm. Here are drivers that I choose during installation.
Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 21.42.07.png

During process of writing clover to ssd/hdd don't forget to do all manipulations with files and kexts as during usb installer creation.

During process of writing clover to ssd/hdd don't forget to do all manipulations with files and kexts as during usb installer creation.
Yes, follow instructions for the whole USB creation part of the guide. @Sniki will update that section when he's got time to revise this for his readers.

Just so you and others know AudioDxe-64 is for the old Mac Chime sound at boot up. Completely optional.
I was so happy to not have that with my first hack that I'm not going to use that at all in Mojave. I really don't miss that part of the Mac experience at all.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I’ve just completed my Mojave installation following this guide. Many thanks to all who contributed!

I was tired waiting Nvidia drivers and I bought a MSI RX560 (It’s not available in EU though) and all seems working fine since yesterday.

I'm still running HS primarily, and think I have another issue to work through before I transition to my Mojave drive.

My initial install was using trs86 and pastrychef's guides, so my hack identifies as an iMac 13,2 and has a S/N associated with it. My Mojave install followed this guide and identifies as a Mac Mini and has a different S/N. I'm thinking that this means any software installs and/or services will identify my Mojave install as a new computer; and, for example, software licensed to one machine will no longer work once I upgrade.

I skimmed through this thread and found two of Sniki's posts (#51 and #180) which discuss issues with USB ports and why the Mac Mini SMBIOS is preferable. Post #51 does have instructions for using a 13,2 SMBIOS that involves editing a plist to correct the USB ports, but post #180 says that the Mac Mini SMBIOS is clearly preferable.

If I revert my SMBIOS and S/N will that be sufficient to convince software/services that my computer hasn't changed? Is my thinking about this correct? Are there other solutions (my first thought is just to keep my HS boot drive and boot into it when needed)? Any thoughts on the matter appreciated.

For anyone in the USA interested in buying the HP 8300 SFF with i5-3470 have a look at this post:

Try an offer of as low as $85 and you may get one. Free shipping to anywhere in the USA too.

For anyone in the USA interested in buying the HP 8300 SFF with i5-3470 have a look at this post:

Try an offer of as low as $85 and you may get one. Free shipping to anywhere in the USA too.
@trs96 , I've been having fun with the Optiplex line... is it worth it / interesting to get an HP 8300 Ultra Slim with i7-3770s? I will want wifi and bluetooth (I can add?) Any gotcha's with this form factor?

I will want wifi and bluetooth (I can add?)
It does have a half mini PCIe slot onboard. You will have to buy wires and antennas for it. Also research which half mini Wifi/BT card is compatible. It has to be Broadcom. Most of the info on these is in the laptop forums. There is also the Wifi/BT Guide by Toleda in desktops to review.
Any gotcha's with this form factor?
Most people like these models. I've owned one but since sold it. There are two small 60mm fans. Some are noisy some are not. The one in front cools the CPU so you must have one there. The other in back can be disconnected. There is a Noctua 60mm PWM fan that can replace the front one if you need more quiet. I think these are a really good value right now just like the Dells are. The only issue I can think of is "how long will HD4000 graphics be supported ?" I'm expecting the next 10.15 edition will but not sure after that. So the number of macOS upgrades will be rather small. It's fine to keep running 10.14 or .15 on it for 2-3 years so there is not a lot of risk there. Depends on what it will be used for.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAADY4B02552&Description=Noctua%2060mm%20PWM%20fan&cm_re=Noctua_60mm_PWM_fan-_-1DR-002N-00002-_-Product

Last edited:
i followed the steps but after first installation complete then after boot mac Os mojave from HDD it goes process and then white screen comes up and stuck at that screen.
any solution for this white screen problem.
i have created flash USB bootable Using MBR Partition
i am using
HP Elite 8300 SFF
HP Motherboard
i5-3550
8 GB RAM
nVidia GT 710

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back