Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,
I have a HP 8300 SFF with Mojave. It works with no issue, but I want to add an external USB webcam to the setup. Do you have any advice what to buy or not buy?

Thanksss
Search on Amazon for ones that are Mac compatible. Get at least 1080p if possible.

This pc system was made like a tank @the HP Elite CMT 8300 . The motherboard stands up still 8 years later in Nov of 2020. I sat here all last night reading these posts, absolutely brilliant. I never even thought of these (windows) pc's could become a *customac* 'Hackintosh' machine. Thanks to cpuid I can see bios is at the old 2.83, so as you link to the bios upgrades I will be doing that firstly. Thankyou. I have just upgraded from the GTX 750 Ti to the GTX 1060 6GB, it runs like a dream. I have had this system for about 6 years myself. The only slight problem I find is the proprietary HP connectors if trying to connect to a different chassis or PSU, etc. I have already added a Corsair 550watt PSU when I bought the unit (to stock chassis) for graphics card power (instead of stock 320watt PSU) and an 120GB SSD for OS loading times etc. Have 2 hard-drives installed as well as SSD. Is there any problems you could see with using my setup?

Last edited:
Is there any problems you could see with using my setup?
The newest macOS you can install is High Sierra if you want to use the GTX 1060 gfx card. If you remove it and use just the HD4000 then you can upgrade all the way to Big Sur.

Last edited:
Hello there,
I have a HP 8300 SFF with Mojave. It works with no issue, but I want to add an external USB webcam to the setup. Do you have any advice what to buy or not buy?

Thanks
If you're on a budget, and don't mind ~720p, get a Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000; plug-n-play goodness on Macs-Hacs. It is of acceptable quality for coms and general purpose (all-around) use, IMHO. One can tweek it with "Webcam Settings", which I'm pretty sure is still on the App Store for free.

A better unit, still keeping within a budget, is the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, which I use currently for making YT videos, etc.; One can tweek it with "Webcam Settings", as well, getting much better resolution & features. The software that comes with it and most others, (i.e., so-called 'Mac'-compatibles), &/or even 'made-for-Mac' models are way overpriced &/or the softwares they come with don't necessarily work...My 2¢

Hi guys and gals. I stopped my 6300s for Hackintoshing after upgraded. I use them for work computers(Win10) and while I was trying to fix something I messed them very badly and I cant start them up, it is nothing to do Windows, I cant even see HP logo , all black screen no video output and after a few seconds all fans start to blow at full speed. I think it is something to do with BIOS. I ended up in this situation after trying to handle KMODE exception error of Windows, the first one started to behave as described above and wanted to try SSD on the other 6300 to see whether it is an issue of SSD or other components and it caused the exact same thing for the second one.I know it is nothing to do Hackintosh but you might have an idea since it is (I guess BIOS related). Thanks in advance
Edit: I had to replace the MBs and problem solved but I could not find a way to fix it through software.

Last edited:
I have an HP6300 that is running 10.14.6. I'm doing a clean install of Mojave onto another SSD drive. My current system has just got too messy and want to start form scratch. So I have Installed Mojave but am having a few issues. I think I have followed all the steps but some things aren't working. Maybe there is something I am missing. I have a NVidea GT 710 video card installed. But Mojave is not picking this up correctly. It says I have a NVidea Chip Model 8MB video card. How do I go about correcting this. Is it a Clover or Kext issue?

Attached is my saved IORegistery file, and Clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
  • Gary’s iMac.ioreg
    22.5 MB · Views: 63
I have an HP6300 that is running 10.14.6. I'm doing a clean install of Mojave onto another SSD drive. My current system has just got too messy and want to start form scratch. So I have Installed Mojave but am having a few issues. I think I have followed all the steps but some things aren't working. Maybe there is something I am missing. I have a NVidea GT 710 video card installed. But Mojave is not picking this up correctly. It says I have a NVidea Chip Model 8MB video card. How do I go about correcting this. Is it a Clover or Kext issue?

Attached is my saved IORegistery file, and Clover folder.
Try this, you has boot arg. nv_disable=1 I removed it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 68
Just updated one of my HP 8300's (USFF) to Catalina using the fantastic companion guide from @Sniki
Just wanted to say another big thanks to @trs96 and @Sniki for providing these great resources!

Is there another complete machine similar to the HP8300 that also is so easy to hackintosh to use macOS?
Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back