Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to unzip using unarchiver also archive utility, just seems to make copy of folders in downloads folder instead of unzipping in order to drag file into flash Drive to flash BIOS
Once it's unzipped it will still look like a zip file, it isn't. Note the increase in size in MB. Much larger.

Screen Shot 14.jpg

Screen Shot 13.jpg
Here's how it looks unzipped. Stupid, I know.

Last edited:
Hello all!

First time hackintosher/poster. Long time mac user, unfamiliar with all things Windows.

I'm trying to absorb the guide for Sierra and I have a question about hard drive stuff.

Specs:
HP 8300 Elite SFF
i7 3770
Geforce Gt 710
Windows 10

My HP 8300's only drive is an SSD running Windows that I'd like to use as my sole drive, running OSX only. I'm unclear on the order of the steps to format the drive and upgrade BIOS. I was planning on trying to reformat the drive using Disk Utility (although if no one has had success, I'd go with the other options in the guide I guess).

Do I reformat the drive first, and then flash BIOS? Or does wiping the drive mess up the BIOS steps?

EDIT: Perhaps it's later, when installing Sierra, that I would attempt reformating the drive?

Thanks for any advice! Excited to get started.

Last edited:
My HP 8300's only drive is an SSD running Windows that I'd like to use as my sole drive, running OSX only. I'm unclear on the order of the steps to format the drive and upgrade BIOS. I was planning on trying to reformat the drive using Disk Utility (although if no one has had success, I'd go with the other options in the guide I guess).

Do I reformat the drive first, and then flash BIOS? Or does wiping the drive mess up the BIOS steps?

EDIT: Perhaps it's later, when installing Sierra, that I would attempt reformating the drive?

Thanks for any advice! Excited to get started.

I believe the order is to update your BIOS while you still have Windows, then after you make your installer USB, when you boot with it you can format the SSD with Disk Utility from the Installer.

I believe the order is to update your BIOS while you still have Windows, then after you make your installer USB, when you boot with it you can format the SSD with Disk Utility from the Installer.

Thanks!

I hope I may try to contribute to fixing the HP Elite 8300 USFF/USDT with HD4000 chip and OpenCore. Serials has bean cleansed and would be very thankful for information on how to get HDMI sound out of the DisplayPorts as Clover used to do before successfully. This OC folder got 10.15.7 up and running nicely (except the aforementioned sound output) TIA

Attachments

• OC_0.6.2.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
I hope I may try to contribute to fixing the HP Elite 8300 USFF/USDT with HD4000 chip and OpenCore. Serials has bean cleansed and would be very thankful for information on how to get HDMI sound out of the DisplayPorts as Clover used to do before successfully. This OC folder got 10.15.7 up and running nicely (except the aforementioned sound output) TIA
As I have seen in your profile, u are using a gtx680 along with Catalina. Now I wonder if you have been able to fix the Nvidia-no-driver-glitches-fragments-bug-thing?
And if, how?

I wonder if you have been able to fix the Nvidia-no-driver-glitches-fragments-bug-thing?
The only fix I know of is to buy and use a working GTX 770/780 instead.

As I have seen in your profile, u are using a gtx680 along with Catalina. Now I wonder if you have been able to fix the Nvidia-no-driver-glitches-fragments-bug-thing?
And if, how?
Reading my profile you could have also seen that I was referring to my H77N board. But my post here is about the HP Elite 8300 USFF/USDT. I'm sorry for the confusion this might have caused. But this form factor doesn't support a dedicated gc at all.

Oh, yeah sorry. The hope has let me overread it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back