Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96
i am trying to use the guide by @Sniki. I installed clover bootloader into my bootable USB for Catalina. Selected the option "Install Mac OS Catalina ...", but could not reach the installer. the screen was stuck at apple logo.

i believe Unibeast and Multibeast method is easy to follow and i have used this method in the past to install Mojave.
Is it possible to use this guide with Catalina and Catalina versions of UniBeast and Multibeast ?

This was due to my own mistake. i followed the guide carefully second time and successfully did a fresh install of Catalina on my HP 8300. Everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks @trs96 and @Sniki for posting these wonderful guides.

Stay Blessed!

Using Mojave and the latest Macbench, my current HP scores 852 SC and 3223 MC. The BruceX score with FCP 10.4.8 for this stock configuration was 103 sec. I hope those numbers help anyone interested.

Last edited:
How to I install additional drives into HP 8300 Elite MT? Where can I get those screws and the green locking brackets? Is there a simpler way? Thanks.

How to I install additional drives into HP 8300 Elite MT? Where can I get those screws and the green locking brackets? Is there a simpler way? Thanks.
Thank you. How about the green plastic part that locks the drives in position? I searched and searched but cannot find such a part.

Thank you. How about the green plastic part that locks the drives in position? I searched and searched but cannot find such a part.
The top row is fixed with screws from the side.
I have never seen the original green fixing parts for sale either.

Link to download the latest BIOS .EXE file 3.08 (You must have flashed to at least 2.99) first to use this.
You'll find the 2.99 .BIN file attached at the end of this post.

Select Windows 8.1 64 Bit as your OS
View attachment 448976
Next Click on BIOS
(1) and Download the .exe file

View attachment 448978

If you don't have a Windows Install on your HP 6300/8300 you can load the K01_0308.bin file (located in the DOS Flash folder) onto a clean FAT32 USB and boot into the startup menu (ESC key) and choose the Utilities option. Follow instructions for bios update. Works very well (double check that your download is intact for that file of course).

I highly recommend you download the whole BIOS executable file from HP. You must have this if flashing to the new BIOS from within Windows.

You also have the option to use any of the stand alone .BIN files attached below at the end of this post #464.

Here's how to get the K01_0308.BIN file from the BIOS (sp95971.exe file ver. 03.08) to use with the USB method. For anyone that wants to flash the BIOS that way without needing a Windows install and HPQflash.

1. Download the BIOS .exe file for either 02.99 or 03.08 whichever you need to flash to, from the HP site.
2. Right click the file (in macOS) and select "open with" (I used the Unarchiver app from the MAS)
3. Open the folder of the extracted contents to see the DOS Flash folder inside of that.

4. Open that DOS Flash folder to find the K01_0308.BIN file. Drag that to your empty FAT32 formatted MBR partitioned flash drive. Insert the USB flash drive into one of the front HP 6300/8300 USB 2.0 ports.

5. Power on your HP and tap on the esc key to reach the Startup menu and then select Utilities, then Flash System ROM.

6. You should then see the BIOS version you are flashing to. Hit enter and follow the directions to complete the BIOS flash.
7. Let your system reboot on it's own and you're good to go.

You can still get BIOS 0304 from HP. It's located in the Previous Version section dropdown menu.

View attachment 437183

Note: The 0304.BIN file does not have all the Intel Security patches that mitigate Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. If you want to avoid those on your system only flash up to 0304. Once 0308 is flashed you can't revert to older versions.
after downloading the bin file. Im trying to unzip using unarchiver also archive utility, just seems to make copy of folders in downloads folder instead of unzipping in order to drag file into flash Drive to flash BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back