Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help needed, I am trying to install Sierra on my hp8300 SFF and have for the last couple of hours followed the guide to the tee but am stuck here and never get to step 7...
"leave your Unibeast drive in the USB port, reboot and select your Sierra Hard Drive (HFS) and finish the setup."
After selecting the Sierra Hard Drive I see the Apple logo and a progress bar that stops at around 70% (there is never any text of finishing install) and a small line appears on the screen and it systems seems to be frozen.
I have reset the bios, carefully made all the necessary changes and tried again and again...
Is there something I can post to give anyone a clear insight into my system/progress/error?

I have reset the bios, carefully made all the necessary changes and tried again and again...
Is there something I can post to give anyone a clear insight into my system/progress/error?
Are you using the RX 560 for the install or the CPU HD4000 graphics ?

Should I remove it and place it back after the installation?
Give it a try. Installing with HD4000 graphics is how this guide was tested for and written so it should work for the complete install and post install. I didn't even own an AMD graphics card back in 2017. That is now about 3 years ago.

Ok, so I removed the RX560 (LP) and it worked immediately!
I finished installation, set up multibeast, kexts, everything.
Now the computer will boot without the RX560 but it will crash during startup if I have the RX560 in place...
EXCEPT when I do not have any monitors connected to (any of) the RX560 ports and connect a monitor after the boot!
THEN in 'about this mac' the card is specified as AMD R9 xxx 4096MB
On this same computer under Mojave I had it recognised as an RX560.
I did update my computer to run the last version of Sierra...
(I would love to keep Sierra to be able to run my favorite software, the reason for the 'down'grade)

What brand of RX560 do you have ?

MSI

That shouldn't have problems. Are you using the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts ?
What programs do you need that don't work with High Sierra ? HS will give you better RX 560 support.

That shouldn't have problems. Are you using the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts ?
What programs do you need that don't work with High Sierra ? HS will give you better RX 560 support.
I did not know I needed those... I only installed the voodoo and Apple HDADisabler kexts as shown in step 9.
Are there more Kexts I just forgot about?
(Oh and the program is FCP 7 that is supported up to Sierra, I miss it so much and after reading that Oscar winner Parasite was cut on it I was like damn, that was my first love, let's see hows she's doing...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back