Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Is this the seller you're getting the HP 6300 boards from that won't boot to BIOS ?

No, I bought it and received a replacement from sourcecodeu812

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 4.50.18 PM.png

I'll get one from the link you just provided :thumbup:

I am in pakistan so buying from amazon is not feasible.

Can you take a look at this?. I think its version 1 and wont work with Mojave.. am i right?

try this one instead granted its a bit expensive but trust me its well worth the investment on it,
it will work right out of the box no drivers needed at all and it is the most recommended
in tonymacx86's buyer's guide if you want also the full apple experience airplay and so on
buy any cheep Bluetooth 4.0 or later and presto full apple computer you'll have

Click the link below

TP LINK AC1900 <----

You'd have to ask the seller which version it is. It will say that on the outside of the box. The thumbnail picture on the web page is not of any use to determine what it is.

I have asked the seller and they said its version 3.

I can't boot into windows anymore, I just get a windows icon and nothing happens.

In the clover boot loader I have three options for windows on startup, legacy EFI, hd3 and hd4 but they all go to the same windows logo. Any idea what I should look into to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Quick thought, did you try doing each update in order of release? So each one sequentially and not jumping straight to 2.99?
People who can't install MacOS, the common problem isn't "Can't update BIOS"?
Currently, only BIOS v2.54 and V2.90 are registered in HP, and everyone seems to mistaken V2.90 as the latest version.
These two versions only work on Windows (7or8) installed on the HP6300 / 8300 HDD or the CD / DVD that came with it, and not on Window10.
Although it is possible to download even Windows10, the BIOS updateable file could not be taken out.
(It looks like it was taken out, but cannot be used in the BIOS)

From BIOS 2.05, I think that it is necessary to update BIOS in order of 2.54, 2.90, 2.99.

@trs96 Is it possible to add 2.54 and 2.90 BIOS files to #464?

When I owned an 8300 I went straight to 2.99 from an older version. Believe it was 2.05. Don't see why that wouldn't still work today. If HP pulled 2.54 and 2.90 from their downloads there was likely a good reason they did. I wouldn't try to flash them.

Last edited:
From BIOS 2.05, I think that it is necessary to update BIOS in order of 2.54, 2.90, 2.99.

But the updates start at 2.98, there are no earlier updates to use. And I'm not sure I want to use a BIOS update that isn't listed on the HP support site!.

BIOSUpd.PNG

But the updates start at 2.98, there are no earlier updates to use.
You'd need to select Windows 7 64 bit as your OS to find all the older 2.5x versions from 2012. windows 8 came out sometime in mid-2012.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

Screen_Shot_7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back