Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashing to 3.08 now within Windows, fingers crossed.

try what i did on my system at the time mine was 2.05 i updated to 2.99 via windows 7pro the original OS that was being sold with the desktop even in the HP Software site it says windows 7 upto 8.1 only so if you tried via windows 10 maybe thats the problem if you have a windows 7pro disk or ISO install it and then try it updating to 2.99 first

try what i did on my system at the time mine was 2.05 i updated to 2.99 via windows 7pro the original OS that was being sold with the desktop even in the HP Software site it says windows 7 upto 8.1 only so if you tried via windows 10 maybe thats the problem if you have a windows 7pro disk or ISO install it and then try it updating to 2.99 first
At the time of purchasing HP8300 (CMT & SFF), it was V 2.90, but it was not possible to update to 2.99 on Windows until the following method of @trs96 was used.

At the time of updating to v3.04, Windows 10 HPSaportAssistnt can be updated to V3.08 and is currently operating on V3.08.

Last edited:
This thread looks at a few different options. Looks like 2.99 was a bit of a PITA for some when it came out!

Thanks to everyone for chiming in with your thoughts and recommendations. I'm going to do some reading and have another go later. So to be clear, this has now happened twice on 2 different boards, the 1st one had BIOS 2.05 and the second 2.15. Both started fine and I was able to access BIOS, set to defaults saved and restarted. Accessed BIOS again and made changes according to the guide, saved changes restarted. Booted into Clover boot manager, Windows 10 pro shows up, Mojave shows up, all is well in the land of Hackintosh!. Using two different methods on each board didn't allow access to BIOS after updating to 2.99.

Quick thought, did you try doing each update in order of release? So each one sequentially and not jumping straight to 2.99?

Another option for USB Wifi
Just tried out a TP-Link WN725N V2.2 usb wifi adapter and it works with Sierra. It only cost $9.99 at Amazon. Also works with Win10 OOB. The driver you will need for Sierra is attached below as a Zip file.

The range is not as great as adapters with large plastic antennas but this gets the job done if you're not an excessively long distance from your router.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IFXQFU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Buy the one that says Ships from and sold by Amazon.com to make sure you get Ver2.2 if possible.
Some have reported Ver2.1 working as well with the driver installed.

View attachment 265650View attachment 265699On bottom of box

Will this wifi card work with mojave?
If yes, what driver i need to get it running?

Thanks

Yes. Should be an available Mojave driver from the TP-Link website. Look in their Support section.

I am in pakistan so buying from amazon is not feasible.

Can you take a look at this?. I think its version 1 and wont work with Mojave.. am i right?

Can you take a look at this?. I think its version 1 and wont work with Mojave.. am i right?
You'd have to ask the seller which version it is. It will say that on the outside of the box. The thumbnail picture on the web page is not of any use to determine what it is.

Quick thought, did you try doing each update in order of release? So each one sequentially and not jumping straight to 2.99?

I was thinking that too. I downloaded 2.98, the earliest version available on the HP support site onto Windows 10 desktop. I transferred the SSD with Windows and the BIOS 2.98 into the 6300 and powered up. Nothing at all, I spent a couple of hours trying different connections but I couldn't get anything to boot. Could it be a bad batch of motherboards, they had old versions of BIOS. The board MPN 657239-001 came from seller sourcecodeu812, they have a 100%. I'll try a different eBay seller this time and ask which BIOS is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back