Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it is fixable or should I reinstall all?

uninstall the wifi driver and try to boot back normally if still the same try replacing the EFI Folder file that is if you have a copy of your EFI folder before this happened also dont forget to update the kexts files if you have an old EFI copy

in my case i always have a copy of my EFI folder believe it or not my EFI folder is the same one i used when i installed Sierra and High Sierra at the time the only changes i do is update my kexts and a small editing on my config.plist in short my Smbios i make sure its at 13.2 and that's about it
as for the wifi issue me personally i used the one on the buyers guide of tonymacx86 the TP link Ac1900 and it works right of the box no drivers needed at all as for Bluetooth i used a cheep generic v.5 Bluetooth dongle and everything works airplay and all like a real mac

Last edited:
a quick question i am upgrade my ram from 8gb to the max on intel website my i7 3770 max ram is 32gb i dont know if my HP motherboard can handle it or not?
i found a guy is selling the ram cheep gaming ram crucial hyper x 32gb 8gb x4 a chance i cant miss out but i dont know if the MB will handle it

So far i upgraded almost everything on my rig
1- 2 500Gb SSD WD blue 3D nand (windows/macOS)
2- 1 tera SSD WD green + 2 tera WD Blue hard disc backup drive external
3- Zotec nvidia GT-710 soon to be upgraded to RX560 if i find one its now very hard to find
if not ill have to get a rx580 or vega VII 16gb have to upgrade my psu via adapter though
which is very costly sadly :(
4- very soon i will have in my possession core I7 3770K version i found one used in super great condition
at an affordable cheep price i ordered online on Amazon UK it will arrive to me in 30days

https://www.ebay.com/p/127369618?iid=163925925245&rt=nc

its not the amazon link that a bought the seller removed it but its the same specs as for price i got mine for 110$

in short the ultimate HP Compaq elite 8300 MT its been my dream to have a maxed out computer never had one so since the parts are fairly cheep might as well go all the way and finally have a maxed out computer intel 3rd Gen era :)

Last edited:
Yes, mine is running 32GB

Wow thanks:) , also i noticed in your deatils you have a GT 1030 is it working on Mojave and Catalina without nvidia web driver like my GT 710?

Do you have the latest Lilu and WEG kexts in the kexts/other folder of your USB for Catalina install ? If not add those and see if you can boot from the USB and get working graphics.
I upgraded to 10.15.1 with Lilu and WEG only in Clover. I then tried to install Lilu and WEG to /L/E and remove them from Clover. That resulted in continuous reboots. That worked on my Z68 based system so I thought I would keep them the same. @trs96 Any idea why installing to /L/E would not work on my 8300 Elite? Of course I restored from my CCC backup so I am good. I am using Clover 4961 on both systems (latest from the Download section).

Any idea why installing to /L/E would not work on my 8300 Elite?
I've heard others report problems with WEG and 10.15.1. It may be that the developers need to modify WEG for the 15.1 update. I no longer have the 8300 to test it unfortunately. As you know security has been greatly ramped up and that makes it harder for 3rd party kexts to work normally when installed to /L/E. I'm not upgrading anything to Catalina before 10.15.3 comes out so I'm waiting to see what happens then.

Hi, with the new adobe 2020 apps I now need to update my HP 8300 beyond High Sierra, what is the best guide to follow and is NVIDIA supported yet?

3.39 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back