Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the BIOS boot order first. Post Screenshots here.

Here you go. I tried to put the CT500 SSD first but its still the same.

Attachments

• IMG_3372.jpeg
    IMG_3372.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
but you'll have to always press F1 when starting the pc every-time thats the only thing i know so far :)
Read the Amazon reviews and you'll find a solution.
It is safer to actually install a fan, see below.

In any case, knowledge and experience of electrical work are required.
It's better to be patient and press F1 than to get experience with one motherboard and two adapters like me.

Append:
It was introduced in the following post, it might have been easy.

Last edited:
HP 6300 to 8300 mobo swap

A while back I bought an 8300 SFF mobo, and finally got around to swapping it yesterday.

IMG_0505.JPG
The 6300 in the foreground.
The HP 6300 / 8300 SFF is nicely configured for assembly / disassembly which made the swap simple and quick - many of the connectors are colour coded. The motherboard mounting screws and the cpu heatsink required a Torx 15 driver bit.

I took the mobo out, the i7 3770 cpu out, cleaned off the cpu and heatsink, reinstalled with fresh paste, mobo in and reconnected in about half an hour.

The bios required one tweak to set the boot drive, and it fired up without complaint.

IMG_0506.JPG
The 8300 gives me a pci-e x4 slot (for an nvme ssd on an adapter card) and another SATA 3 port (for a sata ssd).

next: figuring out how to upgrade the OS from Sierra to HS or Mojave.

hi,

Can i install Mac OS Catalina on my HP 8300? If yes, then what tutorial/steps should i follow?

Thanks

hi,

Can i install Mac OS Catalina on my HP 8300? If yes, then what tutorial/steps should i follow?
The first thing you must do is upgrade your graphics card. The GT 210 is not supported in Catalina.
Even then I would advise waiting till Catalina has more bugs worked out, by the .3 update later this year.

If you want to keep your current GPU then upgrade to High Sierra and follow this video guide:

It is for a clean install which you don't have to do, an in place upgrade via Mac App Store works. If you install to a new SSD and keep your old one as a backup, then this is the way to go.

Last edited:
If you want to keep your current GPU then upgrade to High Sierra and follow this video guide:

Hi,
i am already using High Sierra. Now I want to upgrade to Mojave. According to this post will my graphics card work, my GT 210 would not work in Mojave. i am planning to upgrade my graphics card so it will be compatible with Mojave and catalina in future. I am a low on budget so i think most suitable graphics card that will work in Mojave will be GT 710. Am i right ? Are there any other budget graphics card that will work well with Mojave.

I have read that AMD cards are more compatible with Mac OS. so if any budget AMD card will work well, do please tell me about it.

Please also tell me which wireless card will work best if i want to enable wifi on my hp 8300?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back