Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only updated latest Clover and FakeSMC from here. I use a Logitech USB dongle for sound.
Yesterday I updated Mojave to Catalina without any problems. HP Elite 8300 SFF with GTX 730 Zotac 4GB DDR3 Zone Edition and VGA still works!

My only problem is my WIFI Stick (tp-link TL-WN823N V3) does not have a Catalina driver. Currently my Hackintosh does not have internet connection.

During installation choose Install macOS partition if you perform the update from the App Store.

I cannot remember when I updated my Clover Boot Loader but I never updated the FakeSMC

My only problem is my WIFI Stick (tp-link TL-WN823N V3) does not have a Catalina driver. Currently my Hackintosh does not have internet connection.
For just 30 dollars you can have natively working wifi/BT and continuity/handoff working. A good investment.

thank you @trs96 I thought about it but i did not be sure which are still supported in Catalina. the other thing is the Zotac GT730 hides all other PCI slots...

i did not be sure which are still supported in Catalina. the other thing is the Zotac GT730 hides all other PCI slots...
It's still fully supported in Catalina. Install the card in the PCIe x1 slot. That is not covered by the GT 730.
__12.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I updated Mojave to Catalina without any problems. HP Elite 8300 SFF with GTX 730 Zotac 4GB DDR3 Zone Edition and VGA still works!

During installation choose Install macOS partition if you perform the update from the App Store.

I cannot remember when I updated my Clover Boot Loader but I never updated the FakeSMC

for all having problems with USB Wireless Stick. https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter here is a custom driver

Thanks guys it worked as you guys said the only thing i did was update my kexts files as described in the Catalina post and it went smoothly without touching anything at all my wifi tp link Ac1900 and my bluetooth 5.0 all working as it should i massage airdrop and yes phone sync works too hehe :)

Thanks guys it worked as you guys said the only thing i did was update my kexts files as described in the Catalina post and it went smoothly without touching anything at all my wifi tp link Ac1900 and my bluetooth 5.0 all working as it should i massage airdrop and yes phone sync works too hehe :)
How is the performance of this HP in comparison to the 2012 Mac Mini you sold ?

How is the performance of this HP in comparison to the 2012 Mac Mini you sold ?

huge difference to me, my old mac mini was a core i5 and my HP i7
my old macmini i have installed ssd and upgraded my ram to 16gb and it was useless still slow in final cut especially when high sierra came it was even worse on Mojave i ran a dual os on it i had windows 8 installed weirdly it ran superb when in windows way better then its intended OS i believe it would have been different if it ware i7 however there is still the graphics it had hd4000 only so it was a best investment i ever did selling my mac mini and getting an hp8300 with it i can do almost anything change GPUs rams and so on plus in final cut no issues even 4k rendering works like it should not bad for a 3rd gen core i7 3770 stock only drawback is its low watt PSU but you can swap with with 500wat or higher with a special adapter converter or making your own adapter but you'll have to always press F1 when starting the pc every-time thats the only thing i know so far :)

but there is fairly cheep 8th gen HP desktop i found for used sale it is a ProDesk 600 G4 core i7-8700 with intel UHD 630 on it can it be hackintoshed its pretty tempting hehe :)
https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-prodesk-600-g4-microtower-pc-customizable-2ve73av-1

Last edited:
only drawback is its low watt PSU but you can swap with with 500wat or higher with a special adapter converter or making your own adapter but youll have to always press F1 when starting the pc every-time

FWIW, I'm running Win10 on an i7 8300 with SSD, HDD, DVD, GTX1050Ti, and it runs perfectly fine with the stock PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back