Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it could be the last OS to run though, Apple list a lot of 2012 models as the oldest compatible machines fwiw.

Interesting their spiel on the OS sitting in it’s own read-only partition...

Looks like it could be the last OS to run though
This is possible. I've got a feeling that when 10.16 GM comes out in Sept./Oct. 2020 all traces of Nvidia drivers will be absent. So that would mean that 2012/13 iMacs and the 2012 Mac mini would no longer be supported. There will still be ways to run 10.16 on your HP 6300. We'll have to worry about that when the time comes in a little over a year.

Last edited:
Recently my HP 8300 elite sff is very slow to start up.

The clover startup screen takes almost 1 minute to pass. (Welcome, testing hardware etc.)

Once im finally inside MacOS it works fine.

Didn't do any changes or updates it just started being slow fra one day to another.

Im on MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
Clover Configurator 5.5.0.0

Maybe if I update to the newest version of Mojave this will be fixed.

If anyone could give me an advice about the fan noise? Is that normal to have always a certain fan noise at the same intensity? Is this probably the power supply fan?
I'd like to improve my computer silent, or at least have some quiet moments when not in heavy use.
Thanks.

If anyone could give me an advice about the fan noise? Is that normal to have always a certain fan noise at the same intensity? Is this probably the power supply fan?
I'd like to improve my computer silent, or at least have some quiet moments when not in heavy use.
Thanks.
Fan speeds are controllable via the BIOS in your HP 6300/8300 have you tried that first ?
Sometimes you'll get a refurb where the fans have a lot of hours on them and they get noisier.
They can be replaced with new HP fans or the Arctic 90 mm fans also work well and are quieter.

To find out which one is noisiest, disconnect the fans one by one while the PC is running to hear each one's noise level.
If you have the SFF for example, disconnect the front fan first, then then the rear exhaust and you'll be left with just the noise from the PSU fan and your graphics card.

The HP Elite and Pro lines are made to be run in noisy office and warehouse environments so HP didn't bother to include more expensive silent fans for home users that prefer little to no noise from fans.

Also see:

Last edited:
Fan speeds are controllable via the BIOS in your HP 6300/8300 have you tried that first ?
Sometimes you'll get a refurb where the fans have a lot of hours on them and they get noisier.
They can be replaced with new HP fans or the Arctic 90 mm fans also work well and are quieter.

To find out which one is noisiest, disconnect the fans one by one while the PC is running to hear each one's noise level.
If you have the SFF for example, disconnect the front fan first, then then the rear exhaust and you'll be left with just the noise from the PSU fan and your graphics card.

The HP Elite and Pro lines are made to be run in noisy office and warehouse environments so HP didn't bother to include more expensive silent fans for home users that prefer little to no noise from fans.

Also see:

Thanks for the detailed explanation!
I have already my bios set to the lowest fan speed level, so I will do the tests and probably replace with the arctic fans.

Thank you!

Just curious, why disable Wake for Network Access in System Preferences? You can't use Find My Mac if it's disabled

Just curious, why disable Wake for Network Access in System Preferences? You can't use Find My Mac if it's disabled
It can be enabled if you want it. It sometimes helps sleep issues if it's disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back