Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry if this has been asked before

how do i update from Sierra to High Sierra?

And from HS to Mojave?

sorry if this has been asked before

how do i update from Sierra to High Sierra?

And from HS to Mojave?
You don't have to start with Sierra. If you have an Nvidia Pascal graphics card like a 1050 or 1050 Ti go with High Sierra. If you have HD4000 or AMD compatible graphics you could start out with Mojave first.

I have installed Sierra already with my GT1030.

Also have another setup with the RX560.

How do I go about updating both systems?

I have installed Sierra already with my GT1030.

Also have another setup with the RX560.

How do I go about updating both systems?
Couple of ways. You can make s new Unibeast installer with High Sierra using Unibeast for High Sierra. Then you would install just like you did Sierra except that you don't format the hdd/SSD that Sierra is installed to. That way all of the data and progams you've added to Sierra don't get erased. The other way is to update via the Mac App store just like on a regular Mac that Apple makes. With the second approach you would be best to update Clover and your kexts first to make sure they will work.

Couple of ways. You can make s new Unibeast installer with High Sierra using Unibeast for High Sierra. Then you would install just like you did Sierra except that you don't format the hdd/SSD that Sierra is installed to. That way all of the data and progams you've added to Sierra don't get erased. The other way is to update via the Mac App store just like on a regular Mac that Apple makes. With the second approach you would be best to update Clover and your kexts first to make sure they will work.

Thanks for the steps. Have upgraded my OS except for one of the machines with an Nvidia GT 1030. Resolution is stuck at 1024 x 768. Install Nvidia web drivers doesn't work. OS is 10.13.6.
Is the GT 1030 unsupported?

HI Guys. I got my SFF run sucessfully with a GT730 4G (Zone Edition). Thanks for your help!!!!

Now I am thinking about to updaten to 16.14.6 from 10.14.5. I searched here in this thread but i am still not sure what is the best plan. Should I create a new USB installation stick with unibeast or should I just install it from the store?

I searched here in this thread but i am still not sure what is the best plan.
Have your bootable working backup created first. This means you clone your whole drive and then copy over the EFI folder to the EFI partition of that new cloned drive. Test that it boots on it's own, with the source drive disconnected. After that you can use either method to go to the .6 version of Mojave. Via the Mac App Store is probably the easiest way.

Hi, I have a SFF with an i7 processor HD4000 running Mojave. Does anyone know if Catalina will run on my system?

Hi, I have a SFF with an i7 processor HD4000 running Mojave. Does anyone know if Catalina will run on my system?
HD4000 is fully supported in Catalina. It is still in beta so some things like sound may not work yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back