Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found a local seller who has HP Elite 8300 Ultra Slim (the smallest one) with i7 3770s and it has 2x DisplayPort outputs. Looks like it's perfect for my needs, any feedback on those?

Just found a local seller who has HP Elite 8300 Ultra Slim (the smallest one) with i7 3770s and it has 2x DisplayPort outputs. Looks like it's perfect for my needs, any feedback on those?
Those will work. Many have that same system and like it.

Would this guide work on a ProDesk 600/EliteDesk 800 G3.
Specs:
ProDesk 600 G3​
EliteDesk 800 G3​
i5 7400​
i5 7400​
HD 630​
HD 630​
240 GB SSD​
240 GB Kingston SSD​
8 GB Ram​
8GB Single Channel 2400 MHz DDR4 Ram​

Last edited:
Would this guide work on a ProDesk 600/EliteDesk 800 G3.
The primary steps are similar but the hardware is much newer. You would have to work out your own custom USB SSDT config.plist and any other SSDTs needed. Not sure which system def. would be best but you could start with iMac 14,2 and go from there. If using HD630 graphics you definitely want dual channel and not single channel ram.

Two things:

1. Does anyone know if the plastic part that turn the air from the cooler towards the CPU is that important?

I change my CPU fan with a Noctua 92mm but the plastic cover don't fit because the noctuca fan is more thick in the edges. If the plastic part is important I will go back to my original fan.

My PSU is making the noise not the front fan anyways.

2. When I install HWmonitor I can only see my SSD temps not CPU? I used SSDT files that @trs96 provided in the thread. ( same problem before I changed the fan )

Otherwise my machine runs great, fast and stable :)

Last edited:
I change my CPU fan with a Noctua 92mm but the plastic cover don't fit because the noctuca fan is more thich in the edges. If the plastic part is important I will go back to my original fan.
You can leave the plastic piece out. That is optional. Just need air blowing through the fins of the cooler. You can even adjust the RPMs of the Noctua fan higher via the BIOS if you need more airflow.

Thanks TRS96 :)

I don't know if the CPU needs more air because I can't see my CPU temps in HW monitor. Do you have a solution for this?
Try running the Intel Power Gadget for Mac. That will show the temps and clock speeds.

Its 42-46c so that's pretty standard which is good
If you've never replaced the thermal paste on the CPU since you purchased this HP you may want to do that. That will bring temps down more when it's at idle. I have a 3770 in a smaller Dell case and it idles at about 30-31 C. That should be your target range. If you don't want to do that the PWM function of the Noctua (is it 4 pin ?) fan should compensate when temps get higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back