Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
For audio, make sure you have Voodoo HDA and Apple HDA Disabler installed in Library/Extensions. You could also place them in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other is you wanted
I actually found out. When I messed up with my efi partition I also accidently overwrote the config.plist. After hours trying to recover I realized that clover configurator app has the ability to build it again based on the last boot. Then all was ok except for the audio. After investigating better I noticed that this step - (Required DSDT Patch: Change EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02. This edit helps your USB ports and headers to work correctly) - was blank, without any patch, somehow clover didn't build my config.plist with this patches when it recoverd it. After manually doing that again my audio was back thru my USB audio interface.
Anyway thanks for the help!

The CMOS reset is the yellow button on the board. Removing the battery does the same thing. If it hasn't worked yet it won't by pressing the button. Try either a PSU or motherboard replacement. Try the PSU first as that's the easiest to test without tearing apart your whole system.

View attachment 394505
Today I have installed the new PSU and bingo, the problem is solved!
The only funny thing is that after installing for the first time and plugging the computer it automatically started once. But after that every time I shut it down, disconect the cable and reconnect its now perfect. Maybe the old defected PSU was somehow interfering in the shut down state. Anyway, the important thing is that it's solved.
Thank you!!

A quick question for the experts. I will soon start to edit 4K videos perhaps once or twice a week no longer than 20-30 minutes on DaVinci Resolve . If I get an i7-3770 + 32 GB Ram + SSD and 8GB AMD graphics card, will 6300/8300 be powerful enough or should I invest more money and get a build with more powerful CPU? 8300 SFF is available as low as £60 and i7s is around £80. I guess it is much cheaper compared to more recent MB+CPU.
Another obvious advantage for me a 6300/8300 will be very easy to Hackintosh. My only experience is my 6300 build, so I guess,I can do it again.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
A quick question for the experts. I will soon start to edit 4K videos perhaps once or twice a week not longer than maximum 20 minutes on DaVinci Resolve . If I get an i7-3770 + 32 GB Ram and 8GB AMD graphics card, will 6300/8300 be powerful enough or should I invest more money and get a build with more powerful CPU?

It should be powerful enough. Making your boot drive an SSD will make it even faster. If you have a MT version of the 6300/8300, then you can use a full height graphics card. Other version can only use a half-height graphics card.

Would a GTX 760 fit in a SFF HP Elite 8300, with basic alimentation ?

Would a GTX 760 fit in a SFF HP Elite 8300, with basic alimentation ?
It will fit in the MT version, not the SFF. It will need supplemental power to run it. The HP PSU doesn't have an extra 6 or 8 pin power connection. It's also not as easy to swap out the PSU as in the Optiplex 7010 MT.

Thanks for the quick answer. Seems as the RX 560 LP is the only viable choice for Mojave with a bit of power for games,, but it's really hard to find in France.

Thanks for the quick answer. Seems as the RX 560 LP is the only viable choice for Mojave with a bit of power for games,, but it's really hard to find in France.
You can still install High Sierra on an 8300 and then use the 1050 Ti. Switch to Windows for gaming when you want to. A 1050 Ti can handle most games at 1080p res.

8300 SFF is available as low as £60 and i7s is around £80. I guess it is much cheaper compared to more recent MB+CPU.
Remember that you can only use low profile cards in the SFF. The best you can do is an RX560 LP. The 570 or 580 versions don't come in LP variants. The i7-3770 is certainly fast enough it just doesn't have newer features like H265 encoding and decoding. The graphics card is the most important piece for working with 4K. A 6 core CPU helps but is not mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back