Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, I'm stuck on a weird issue : I'm at step 6 but don't understand why I have a shitty resolution and no other choice than 1024x768.... I'm using HD4000. I did Mojave install.

EDIT : maybe has something to do with the fact it's unusual ratio ? (21/9). But it does work on Mojave on Optiplex 7010, with kind of the same hardware

EDIT 2 : went a bit further in the guide, seems like Clover changes fixed the issue !

What changes did you make in clover? I followed the guide but I have not been able to solve it.

edit: Solved whit this! https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-no-acceleration-with-intel-hd-4000-mojave.263941/

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have an annoying issue on my HP 8300 SFF. Every time the power chord is disconnected, when I connect it back the computer auto turns on and the bios resets to defaults, so it restarts couple of times etc and then all my previous bios settings are lost. I have already changed the CMOS battery for a brand new one and the problem persists... Any idea?

Hi guys, I have an annoying issue on my HP 8300 SFF. Every time the power chord is disconnected, when I connect it back the computer auto turns on and the bios resets to defaults, so it restarts couple of times etc and then all my previous bios settings are lost. I have already changed the CMOS battery for a brand new one and the problem persists... Any idea?
My 6300 Pro has never done that. Is the computer completely shut all the way down before you disconnect ?
You could try buying a replacement PSU on Ebay and see if that fixes the problem. Good to have a backup anyway.
They are very low cost when you buy refurbished.

My 6300 Pro has never done that. Is the computer completely shut all the way down before you disconnect ?
You could try buying a replacement PSU on Ebay and see if that fixes the problem. Good to have a backup anyway.
They are very low cost when you buy refurbished.

Yes, it's completely shut down before disconnecting power chord. Reconnecting the cable immediately turns the computer on but with the bios "empty".

Good idea, I will try that!
Thanks!

I've seen some posts where people talk about a CMOS reset button and a jumper somewhere in the board. I didn't find. Does this kind of button has the same effect of removing the battery for a while? And what is that about a "jumper"?

I've seen some posts where people talk about a CMOS reset button and a jumper somewhere in the board. I didn't find. Does this kind of button has the same effect of removing the battery for a while? And what is that about a "jumper"?
The CMOS reset is the yellow button on the board. Removing the battery does the same thing. If it hasn't worked yet it won't by pressing the button. Try either a PSU or motherboard replacement. Try the PSU first as that's the easiest to test without tearing apart your whole system.

Flashing the BIOS might help

Flashing the BIOS might help
I actually already flashed to the latest version. Didn't solve the problem. Now I'm waiting the new PSU that I ordered from ebay and soon tell you guys the result.
Thanks.

Guys I need help cause I ****ed up with another thing! I was working on making another hackintosh and when I was building my usb clover instalation I accidently replaced some of my efi files of my main drive instead of the efi of the flash drive! Most things I belive I reverted ok, but I can't get audio back thru my USB komplete audio 6 interface. Could somebody send me screen shots of the uefi drivers on the drivers 64 folder, also kext folder on clover, and also kexts in the library extensions folder (just to be sure)? Otherwise I will never know what is missing or what I have changed!
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back