Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't use the optical drive then you can remove that and put the hotswap bay in there.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077K41VCH/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
This one accepts both 2.5" and 3.5" hard drives. The idea is to only have one hard drive at a time connected when booting. I have the HP 6300 Pro MT so I've got 2 5.25 inch bays to use. I can keep my optical drive installed and use a bay. This is how the 2.5" SSD looks when connected. 3.5" HDDs stick out much farther.

View attachment 377901
Wow, this is pretty sweet. Thanks for mentioning this. I've just been opening the case and disconnecting/reconnecting cables when I wanted to not into Windows. I'm definitely going to give this a try instead.

If you don't use the optical drive then you can remove that and put the hotswap bay in there.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077K41VCH/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
This one accepts both 2.5" and 3.5" hard drives. The idea is to only have one hard drive at a time connected when booting. I have the HP 6300 Pro MT so I've got 2 5.25 inch bays to use. I can keep my optical drive installed and use a bay. This is how the 2.5" SSD looks when connected. 3.5" HDDs stick out much farther.

Nice solution, although in my SFF, I would like to retain the DVD, I'll see if I can find a similar solution for a small bay.

Thanks!

Ok, another question.

I would like to do dual monitor, can I plug the DP of my HD2500 to a second monitor, will it work? Or should I connect another monitor to my GT710 to the Dual Link DVI-D? (if I can figure out the connected needed).

If not, what do people do?

Thanks!

Ok, another question.

I would like to do dual monitor, can I plug the DP of my HD2500 to a second monitor, will it work? Or should I connect another monitor to my GT710 to the Dual Link DVI-D? (if I can figure out the connected needed).

Thanks!
Yes, run the 2nd monitor from the DVI-D output, not the DP/HD2500. No support for HD2500, not like the native HD4000 support anyway.

I'm using wired keyboard and mouse so I haven't tried that. Everyone with the Fenvi FV-T919 that uses BT peripherals states that it does work in the BIOS.

Not sold here in EU, unhappily. Maybe I have to live without BT on BIOS and fix Asus BT400, that doesn't work. Will RehabMan's guide be the more easy and effective to make it work? I'm happy with my configuration, even sleep works, and got DP audio too, and yes, I made a backup ;) don't want to loose that. But not sure if my usb configuration is perfect, or if that exists, that guide is about that too, right?

Not sold here in EU, unhappily
Fenvi ships from China to almost anywhere in the world. Try the Ebay site nearest your country. They use the cityeliter seller name on Ebay.com for some reason, not sure why. Ali Express should also have them.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

As far as perfect USB I don't think it's perfect, you would need to use a custom SSDT for that.

In the install guide it states:

Dual Booting with Windows/Linux : These HP desktops make very good dual or even triple boot systems. Since you will be installing macOS for UEFI booting you will need to also install Windows UEFI to be able to select it and boot from the Clover Bootloader screen. See: Make a Windows 10 UEFI USB Installer then set up your system to dual boot on two drives: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

I assume that if I'm not dual-booting I don't need Windows 10? Or is this necessary?

My 8300 has Win 7 Pro installed, I'll probably set that drive aside for now, and maybe migrate it to a VM, as I really don't have a need to dual-boot, but I do have a couple of legacy Windows applications that I need to run occasionally, and I've always used Fusion for it.

I assume that if I'm not dual-booting I don't need Windows 10? Or is this necessary?
Dual booting with Windows or Linux is completely optional. It's a lot less complicated too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back