Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Display port no longer outputting any signal. I have swapped out a 1050 to from another machine can now see the desktop (but not setup graphics drivers yet).

I was thinking about buying another graphics card to sort the issue but wondered if anyone here had a setup recommendation I should try Frist.

Thanks, Micalllee.

I just pulled the trigger on an EVGA GT 710 2GB DDR3 64bit Single Slot, Low Profile 02G-P3-2713-KR for $45 shipped.
Works for me! :)
Just wanted to circle back on this. The card above arrived on Friday, and I installed it this weekend.
Just popped it into the HP 8300 SFF, rebooted, and it auto-rebooted a few times to detect the card. On the third auto reboot, it worked like a charm!

I have one 1080p display connected via DVI, and the other via an HDMI->DVI cable (since my display is old and doesn't have HDMI). Again, it all just works without any software tweaking needed.

Thanks to all! I'm a happy camper! :)

Ok, I found it under Revision history. ;)

Hey michalk0, et al; where did you find v02.99? I am at v02.90 - no 2.99 shows up when I let HP auto-detect my Elite 8300 mini tower. I've tried manually entering my s/n but HP says it can't be found.

I looked for 'revision history', but only found 'previous versions'. I also can't find v03.07. Is it possible to go from v02.90 to v03.07? I have also noticed that my System Information says Elite 8300 CMT, not SFF...

Here's the link to the 2.99 BIOS. The form factor of your HP doesn't matter. Select Windows 7 64 Bit for the OS. Click on the + sign to the right of BIOS then scroll down to -> ROM Firmware -> 03.07 first then go to previous versions and click on (v02.99 Rev.A 16.1 MB Oct 19, 2015)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-elite-8300-small-form-factor-pc/5232852

Screen_Shot_14.jpg Screen_Shot_15.jpg

Click on images to enlarge.

Last edited:
Anyone know a good solution for an SD Card Reader for an HP 6300 MicroTower for a Hackintosh? I got an SD to USB adapter. But it just doesn't work. The SD card mounts. But then as soon as I try copy a file across it disconnects itself.

Anyone know a good solution for an SD Card Reader for an HP 6300 MicroTower for a Hackintosh? I got an SD to USB adapter. But it just doesn't work. The SD card mounts. But then as soon as I try copy a file across it disconnects itself.
I've had no problem with several USB SD card readers. Try a different reader/different USB port?

finally bit the bullet and upgraded my 8300 to HS, also got my audio problems fixed thanks to the videos here,

is there any issues you have encountered with MAS upgrades from 13.3>13.6? best practice?

I've had no problem with several USB SD card readers. Try a different reader/different USB port?

Yeah I tried different ports. On the back and the front, and still no luck. Probably a faulty reader.

A Complete Ten Step macOS Sierra Guide for the HP 6300 Pro/8300 Elite
I have built two HP Elite 8300 SFF with these instructions, both using GT 1030 video card. I have updated one to 10.13.6 and all seems fine except at times the system reboots randomly. It was fine on 10.13.4. I want to try updating Clover with MB 10.4 to see if that would help but notice that the configuration now defaults to iMac 14,2 while the current is 13,2. Do you see any issues with doing that? This is not my system, and I don't what to mess it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back