Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
My audio is working but volume is low as compared with windows. I have followed the audio step from this guide. Any way i can increase the volume on my hackintosh?
That happens when using VoodooHDA for audio. The are two alternatives. Remove previous method and enable ALC221 with a DSDT patch and two kexts. The other is to use a plug and play USB audio adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_9?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=usb+audio+adapter&sprefix=usb+audio,aps,155&crid=3IHIQKS397SRB

Most adapters that say they are Mac compatible will work. There are no kexts or drivers that you need to install.

@trs96 I just got a ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 RX570 8G OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 and I'm planning to install it in my 8300CMT. I couldn't find out the How Power hungry this one is and does my CMT PSU is enough to power this?

What is the best way to configure this? Is there a post that I can follow?

There is no 8 pin power connector on the PSU so you'd have to find another way to power it. How will you do that ?
You would have to completely replace the PSU and use a 24 to 6 pin adapter to make it work.
https://www.moddiy.com/products/HP-...-Power-24%2dPin-to-6%2dPin-Adapter-Cable.html

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
Total noob question...I'm currently on 10.12.6 Sierra and want to update to Mojave without going through High Sierra. Are there instructions I can follow? Anything I should be aware of? Thx!

HP Elite 8300 CMT
Intel Core i7 (3rd Gen) 3.4GHz
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050ti
Other Hardware:
Fenvi FV-FV-T919 WiFi/BT4.0 Adapter; 16GB DDR3 RAM; 500GB Samsung 850 SSD (Sierra 10.12.6); 120GB Intel SSD (Win10 Pro)

Total noob question...I'm currently on 10.12.6 Sierra and want to update to Mojave without going through High Sierra. Are there instructions I can follow? Anything I should be aware of? Thx!
Yes, make a bootable clone of your boot drive and wait till Nvidia releases their drivers for Mojave before you try the update.

Hi folks... long time no see.

Short version... we had a house fire on May 25th (mostly smoke, but we're out of our house for about a year because of the rebuild). I just got my Hackintosh equipment back from the restoration company and am looking for some advice.

My main computers were far from the fire, but smoke was spread throughout the house. Because of costs, I chose not to have the PCs cleaned by the restoration company ($250 to clean a 7 year old PC didn't make sense).

But the passive (non-mechanical) parts are fine after a simple wipe down and cleaning with some isopropyl alcohol (ram, CPU, video card, SSD).

I was planning to replace the power supply, heat sink and fan with replacement parts, but I've found that barebones HP 8300 Elite SFFs are going for about $50 on eBay... cheaper than buying the individual replacement parts.

I plan to have a new barebones system on its way later today, but a thought struck me...

I also have another PC that was not on during the fire, but I also didn't have cleaned. It is a Sandy Bridge (i5 2500k) on a Gigabyte motherboard (Z68MX).

I'm was actually in the process of rebuilding that as a hackintosh before the fire. I also was planning to replace other parts on this machine, but realized that I SHOULD be able to just drop the CPU, ram and video card into a second 8300 SFF, right?

The 8200 explicitly supports the 2500K (obviously no overclocking, but I never did anyway), but I can't see any reason the 8300 would not support it.

Any thoughts?

I may go ahead and get my refurb 8300 barebones and try the i5 2500k in it to see if it will boot and then make that decision.

Thanks for any advice.

HP 6300 Pro SFF for sale on Newegg
This sale is good for the next 4 days from today. $59.99 and free shipping.
It's quite common to pay about 60 USD for an HTPC case like this on Newegg.
You can get the whole PC and a Windows 7 Pro license too for this much.

This is from CTechCity a Newegg Marketplace Seller.
You will need to swap out the CPU for an Ivy Bridge Core i3 - i5 -i7 CPU.
i3-3225, i5-3475S or i7-3770 would be three good examples.
Get one with HD4000 if you can. That will work with Mojave.
Add some more ram and you're all set with a budget Hackintosh that works !

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6A35AT4464&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL102618C&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL102618C-_-EMC-102618-Latest-_-DesktopComputers-_-9SIA6A35AT4464-S3A4C&ignorebbr=1[B][/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back