Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you soo much for the quick reply. Please confirm the specs so that i can finally buy and make my first hackintosh:)

HP 8300 SFF With i3-3225 ( or i3-3245 or i5 3475s or i5 3570k) with 8 GB DDR3 128 GB SSD

With this hardware and following this guide, i would be able to build my first hackintosh in couple of hours, right ?

Your response is highly appreciated. Thanks

Yes, you'll just need either a DP to HDMI cable / adapter or else a monitor that has DP input. Then use a straight DP to DP cable if you have a DP in monitor. If you can follow this basic guide, should take less than 2 hours.

Hi Everyone,
I have the 8300 cmt version and I am currently running high sierra. Everything is running fine except imessage and facetime. I have followed the idiot guide to imessage and still not working. Everime I try to connect to imessage it tells me the imessage cannot be activated and apple need more information. It asks me to call apple and it provides me with a validation code to give it to apple.
Any advice on what I should do? Any help I can get will be appreciated.

Hi,

I have an issue with connecting HP 8300 Elite to a TV via HDMI using MSI Radeon RX 560. When I remove video card (MSI Radeon RX 560) I connect PC via adapter-DV to HDMI to my TV (samsung 50-inch) is not recognizing the video source. However, if I use the regular monitor (using video card or onboard HD4000) everything works fine. Anyone else had this issue, any ideas what to check or how to fix it? Running High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have an issue with connecting HP 8300 Elite to a TV via HDMI using MSI Radeon RX 560. When I remove video card (MSI Radeon RX 560) I connect PC via adapter-DV to HDMI to my TV (samsung 50-inch) is not recognizing the video source. However, if I use the regular monitor (using video card or onboard HD4000) everything works fine. Anyone else had this issue, any ideas what to check or how to fix it? Running High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks in advance.
You will need an active DP to hdmi adapter if the tv has hdmi 2.0. That will give a 60 hz refresh rate.

Hi Everyone,
I have the 8300 cmt version and I am currently running high sierra. Everything is running fine except imessage and facetime. I have followed the idiot guide to imessage and still not working. Everime I try to connect to imessage it tells me the imessage cannot be activated and apple need more information. It asks me to call apple and it provides me with a validation code to give it to apple.
Any advice on what I should do? Any help I can get will be appreciated.
Have you signed out of icloud and then back in again?

You will need an active DP to hdmi adapter if the tv has hdmi 2.0. That will give a 60 hz refresh rate.

Thank you so much @trs96! Do you have any recommendation on active DP to hdmi adapter? I found this one and this one on Amazon, would any of these 2 work?

Thank you so much @trs96! Do you have any recommendation on active DP to hdmi adapter? I found this one and this one on Amazon, would any of these 2 work?
This is the one that most people use. The ones you linked might work just as well. Give one a try if you want to save a little.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0775Z57H9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

The Ugreen version only does up to 30Hz if that is important to you.

3840x2160 (4K) High Resolution: Active dp hdmi adapter supports video resolutions up to 3840x2160 (4K) Ultra HD @30Hz, 1080P @60Hz;

I followed Step 9. Enable HDMI Audio and Analog Audio on post #1 to enable Audio via HDMI it does not work. I am running High Sierra 10.13.16. HP Elite 8300 is connected to the 50" TV via HDMI using MSI Radeon RX560 4GB graphic card. Anyone has same graphic card and HDMI Audio working?

I followed Step 9. Enable HDMI Audio and Analog Audio on post #1 to enable Audio via HDMI it does not work. I am running High Sierra 10.13.16. HP Elite 8300 is connected to the 50" TV via HDMI using MSI Radeon RX560 4GB graphic card. Anyone has same graphic card and HDMI Audio working?
Did you use the AppleALC + Lilu kexts and the DSDT patch or VoodooHDA ?

I tried to install VoodooHDA still no Audio. Also tried AppleALC + Lilu kexts. How to install DSDT patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back