Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 00.12.26.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 00.12.26.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Realtek ALC221 and AppleALC 1.3.2
If you are using the onboard analog audio on your HP this is just a notice to avoid updating to the newest AppleALC and Lilu kexts. After testing the newest AppleALC on my HP 6300 Pro today, the system (on 10.13.6) would not boot at all. So stay with AppleALC 1.2.7 and Lilu 1.2.5.

EDIT: After disabling SIP completely the newest AppleALC (1.3.2) works
You can easily disable SIP by using Clover Configurator. Change the CsrActiveConfig entry to 0x67 instead of 0x3 which is the default. If you want to keep SIP enabled then use the AppleALC 1.2.8 kext, that will still work.

CsrActiveConfig.png

Last edited:
So I have just hack-ed my new refurbished HP 6300 unit together. Thanks for this guide, it has been super easy to follow. All is working except I can't get sound from your Audio USB interface (built in audio is working fine). Does anyone know how to get this working. Do I need to edit or replace any kext files?

You just need to select it in Sound Preferences and it will work.

Screen Shot 26.jpg

Another thing I have just noticed now is the screen keeps flickering black for a few seconds. It wasn't doing it for the first hour, but now its doing it. Any reason for this?

Ye

Yeah I have selected it but its still glitchy. No sounds. Just bursts of noise every few seconds
You may have gotten a defective product. If the onboard sound works, just use that.
As far as graphics glitch goes, what does your About this Mac say for graphics ? Post a screenshot of that.

You may have gotten a defective product. If the onboard sound works, just use that.
As far as graphics glitch goes, what does your About this Mac say for graphics ? Post a screenshot of that.

I know the audio card is working as it works on my MacBook Pro

Here's the picture of the About this Mac for the graphics

dAbti27.png

Last edited:
So you did a straight update like any real Mac? No going back after the update and messing with kexts?
I did a fresh install. I actually had a power failure about a week prior and for whatever reason it corrupted the SSD that I had high sierra installed on. Thankfully, I only run the OS off of the SSD and all my important files, photos, etc are on a 1TB internal HDD. If you’re going to attempt an update from the App Store then make a backup. FYI, after Mojave was installed I used kext beast to install AppleHDAdisabler and VooDooHDA kexts. Few tweaks in CC and it runs excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back