Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been able to setup an HP 8300 SFF with High Sierra without any problems using this guide. Thanks!!!
The recommended WiFi card Fenvi FV-T919 does not work in the SFF PCs as it is too tall. I have found a nearly identical card (has only 3 antennas) on e-bay that fits in both the tower and the SFF cases and is also fully compatible, using the same Broadcom WiFi chip. I simply plugged it in and OSX automatically recognised bluetooth and WiFi. Here the e-bay link:

New Wireless PCi Express WiFi PCI-E Adapter For BCM943602CS 16000Mbps 802.11AC

The seller is 2015yanze

I have been able to setup an HP 8300 SFF with High Sierra without any problems using this guide. Thanks!!!
Glad the guide was helpful. Are you really using an RX580 ? or is it a 560 instead ? Would take a major mod job and psu upgrade to use a 580.

Screen Shot 10.jpg

Glad the guide was helpful. Are you really using an RX580 ? or is it a 560 instead ? Would take a major mod job and psu upgrade to use a 580.

View attachment 350456
Typo well spotted! I used the RX560 you recommended. As a side remark: this card is not available in Europe but could purchase it on Amazon US and got it shipped over...

Hey! I’m using an RX580 in my HP Elite 8300 tower and having a weird problem.

When I boot with one low res monitor plugged in everything works fine. Boots all the way to macOS, and I can attach my 4k displays. Everything works great.

If I leave any more than the one low res (non HD) display plugged in, and then restart, there is no viceo. Not even the HP logo. Nothing.

TL;DR 1 display is fine starting up, but more than 1 it won’t show video.

Any ideas? (running 3.07 BIOS with recommended settings. have 10.13.6 installed, but I think this is more to do with the Radeon card or BIOS than anything)

Hey! I’m using an RX580 in my HP Elite 8300 tower and having a weird problem.

When I boot with one low res monitor plugged in everything works fine. Boots all the way to macOS, and I can attach my 4k displays. Everything works great.

If I leave any more than the one low res (non HD) display plugged in, and then restart, there is no viceo. Not even the HP logo. Nothing.

TL;DR 1 display is fine starting up, but more than 1 it won’t show video.

Any ideas? (running 3.07 BIOS with recommended settings. have 10.13.6 installed, but I think this is more to do with the Radeon card or BIOS than anything)

Please enter your hardware components in your Personal Details section of your account as per the Rules: Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for.
Desktop profile field recommendations:

• Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version. For Pre-built computers simply state the PC make and model i.e. HP 8300 SFF - Dell 7010 MT etc.

Hello

I have followed the instructions as per the guide to install MacOS High Sierra onto the HP 8300 Tower but it seems like I cannnot get my Nvidia 1050Ti to work properly. Even after I installed the Nvidia web drivers, made the changes to the config with clover (Nvidiaweb), and other changes the system detects the graphics card as an NVIDIA Chip Model 22 mb.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix t
his?

EDIT: Added my system info as per Mods request. Also I realize that Multibeast and Clover are unable to change the the model of the system as it appears on About this Mac.

EDIT2: I redid the reinstall and it seems to have thankfully worked this time.

Last edited:
Hello

I have followed the instructions as per the guide to install MacOS High Sierra onto the HP 8300 Tower but it seems like I cannnot get my Nvidia 1050Ti to work properly. Even after I installed the Nvidia web drivers, made the changes to the config with clover (Nvidiaweb), and other changes the system detects the graphics card as an NVIDIA Chip Model 22 mb.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

Update regarding my 8300 minitower and RX 580 not showing video when multiple monitors are connected at boot / startup / restart.

I re-enabled legacy mode, and set the video rom option to legacy only under advanced. Now all is working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back