Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guy's think customac HP 8300/6300 successor will be Elitedesk 800 or Prodesk 600? I'm looking for change my 8300 for something more powerful but still reliable like 8300 and not so expensive.
What are you using your 8300 for right now ?

I'm editing videos in premiere pro, and it's a bit slow in more complicated edit.
You already have an upgrade path. Install an i7-3770 and get a L.P. GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics card. Then you won't need a whole new computer. You shouldn't even need to change anything in your macOS installation SSD.

If you do want to start all over you could get the 600/800 G1 with an i7-4770. That is not a major increase in CPU power or speed over the 3770. Until Coffee Lake, which adds more cores, Intel hasn't improved CPUs much year over year. If you edit video to make money, it's definitely worth it to get a new Coffee Lake i7-8700K system and call it a business expense.

Last edited:
You already have an upgrade path. Install an i7-3770 and get a L.P. GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics card. Then you won't need a whole new computer. You shouldn't even need to change anything in your macOS installation SSD.
I've update my profile because I got 1050Ti couple months ago, but 3770 in my country costs almost as much as elitedesk 800 or prodesk 600 that's why I considering possibilities of these PC's

I've update my profile because I got 1050Ti couple months ago, but 3770 in my country costs almost as much as elitedesk 800 or prodesk 600 that's why I considering possibilities of these PC's
What kind of hard drive do you have macOS installed on ?

What kind of hard drive do you have macOS installed on ?
I'm not sure but 90% it's 850 EVO 250GB and still Sierra. I love 8300 performance if we say about photoshop or even premiere, but when I have to use a lot of final effects it's painful. I'm also considering to build upgradable custom PC, but I can't decide which components to put on...

I'm not sure but 90% it's 850 EVO 250GB and still Sierra. I love 8300 performance if we say about photoshop or even premiere, but when I have to use a lot of final effects it's painful. I'm also considering to build upgradable custom PC, but I can't decide which components to put on...
This build https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-8700k-rx-580-2x-dell-p2715q-4k-60hz.252989/ has been very popular with video and photo editors. Even using a 6 core i5 instead of the 8700K would give much better performance in PP. The RX 580 graphics cards have come back down in price lately.

hi @trs96

i just discovered my siri is not detecting my wifi TP-Link i am using the one you suggested with the dmg file you posted and installed on my computer everything is working great but siri it works but when i ask about the weather it says to me
(i don't know where you are please turn on wifi which will allow me to fine your location)
any suggestion on a fix :(

siri is not detecting my wifi TP-Link i am using

TP-Link makes many different wifi adapters. Which one are you using ? If it is not natively recognized by macOS and you use a third party driver, it would make sense that Siri doesn't recognize that you have Wifi. You would need to buy and install either a natively supported Broadcom chip in an adapter or use a compatible TP-Link card that fits in your PCIe x1 slot. Here are two examples:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GMPZ0A/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If you'd like Bluetooth as well then go with this Fenvi Wifi/BT card instead:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FV-T919-De...948048?hash=item2cd4743ad0:g:Bf8AAOSwCFta~XgT
These also support Continuity and Handoff.

Another option, plug in an ethernet cable and turn on location services. Then Siri can tell you what the weather is where you are.

And last but not least, ask Siri "What is the weather in **** *** ?" insert the city and country in which you live.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back