Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to build my second HP 8300 SFF. My first one is running flawlessly so I wanted to get another to replace my Mac Pro server. But unfortunately I get a kernel panic every time shortly after clover boot.

Things I've tried:

created multiple unibeast usb sticks
removed and reinserted RAM sticks as well as configuration
cloned SSD from working 8300
mirrored bios settings exactly

The only difference in the two computers is the one I've been using for months is an i3 and the one I'm trying to hack is an i5-3570.

Both have 8GB RAM and 240 GB SSD and v03.04

Next thing I was going to try is to swap CPU's but I an reluctant to mess with the 8300 i3 that is running so well.

I'm guessing there is a hardware problem. It booted and worked in Win 7 when I first got it a couple of weeks ago though.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. KP attached.
What graphics card are you using in the new 3570 version HP 8300 ?

No card. Just integrated. It is HD4000 capable right?

Thanks for the quick response. Off to Amazon to buy a compatible graphics card then.

How come do you need a 16GB USB Installer flash drive? Can it be done with a 8GB Flash drive? I see the High Sierra Installer is 5,23GB. Wont the High Sierra installer, and the Clover and UniBeast all fit on a 8GB Flash drive?

How come do you need a 16GB USB Installer flash drive? Can it be done with a 8GB Flash drive? I see the High Sierra Installer is 5,23GB. Wont the High Sierra installer, and the Clover and UniBeast all fit on a 8GB Flash drive?
Use the 8GB if you don't have a 16. The larger size gives you more room for other stuff that is useful. It's also more future proof when macOS installers will likely get bigger than 7 GB.

Last edited:
What do you guy's think customac HP 8300/6300 successor will be Elitedesk 800 or Prodesk 600? I'm looking for change my 8300 for something more powerful but still reliable like 8300 and not so expensive.

What do you guy's think customac HP 8300/6300 successor will be Elitedesk 800 or Prodesk 600? I'm looking for change my 8300 for something more powerful but still reliable like 8300 and not so expensive.
What are you using your 8300 for right now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back