Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Compaq 8300 Ultra-Slim Desktop Black Screen

Help is needed from someone who has this unit up and running with integrated graphics install working with High Sierra. For quick history, have installed about 4-times following posted guides from this site. However, the results end the same, when it boots (very slowly) I get a black screen and maybe the mouse pointer. Have played with the Clover and MultiBeast settings to no vail. I need to know what MultiBeast and KextBeast settings to use.

Device specifics follow:

Product No: QV997AV
BIOS Version: 00.03.07 Rev.A
CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3 GHz (Ivy Bridge LGA)
RAM: 16-GB PC3-12800 1600 MHz
Drive: Seagate Laptop Thin SSHD
WiFi/Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94331CD (Apple A1418 A1419)

Guidance is appreciated, have followed the posted guides several times, but hit a wall. Also, installed Windows 10 and had all up and running (well but the Apple WiFi/Bluetooth). So I know all of the components work. If I can't get two HD graphics working in macOS, will have to use Windows or Linux.

Thank you.

Garret

Guidance is appreciated, have followed the posted guides several times, but hit a wall.
Do you have the USFF version or the SFF ? You'll need a CPU with HD4000 built in if you have the USFF. If it's the SFF model, simply install a GT 710 graphics card and you can use your i5-3550.

Apparently Bios 3.07 was released on June 20th. The release notes say "Purpose: Critical" and say it contains the latest microcode versions; but not much else.
It looks to be more of the Spectre vulnerabiltiy fixing going on here. Since this update doesn't allow reversion to any older BIOS it's not a risk I'm going to take right now. Any brave beta testers out there please share your results with us in this thread.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

It looks to be more of the Spectre vulnerabiltiy fixing going on here. Since this update doesn't allow reversion to any older BIOS it's not a risk I'm going to take right now. Any brave beta testers out there please share your results with us in this thread.

View attachment 339325

I'm sticking to the older v02.99 release. I have a nagging fear that this and the last updates could potentially slow things down at some level.

Do you have the USFF version or the SFF ? You'll need a CPU with HD4000 built in if you have the USFF. If it's the SFF model, simply install a GT 710 graphics card and you can use your i5-3550.

Many thanks for the reply. I have the USFF. This is my second CPU. First tried the Core i5-35703 Ivy Bridge and then saw a feed that looked like the Intel Core i5-3550 would work, but I guess I got that wrong as well. This is turning into an expensive project piece. Is there a i5 you know that works?

Is there a i5 you know that works?

Yes, try to find an i5-3475S. (letter s after the 5) They aren't as common but are still for sale on Ebay.com.

HI, Thanks for the guide.

I use my HP 6300 primary with adobe PS and Lightroom, dual monitor, one connected to mDP and the other to DVI.
I have an issue with GTX 1050 2GB , the mDP monitor turns black for 3 seconds and then works again...
Before the 1050 i use a Quadro FX1800 with el capitan and Sierra without issues, then I upgrade the GPU and this problem appers.

I search here similars problems and solutions and but the problems still here....

Please trs96, can you tell me if you have a dual monitor system working ?

After trying some CC configurations my next step is to try with a HDMI cable insted mDP, my monitor is a DELL UP2516D 2560x1440.

thanks for your work and help

I have an HP 8300 SFF with an Gt 1030 now. Everything works fine. Except some (not all) Youtube videos play without sound. My sound is connected via HDMI. The problem appears on Safari as well as on Chrome. Its very curious as the advert video have sound an the video itself not. Tried to switch the sound output forth and back but without success.

Any suggestions what it could be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back