Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Anyone successful story about using Ozmosis bios for HP 6300/8300?
If yes, can anyone share the bios file?

Regards

Hi

Anyone successful story about using Ozmosis bios for HP 6300/8300?
If yes, can anyone share the bios file?

Regards
This site does not support Ozmosis.

Could anyone share some input on how to enable hdmi audio on the 8300 usdt using AppleALC and lilu kexts? That's my setup and I'd like to get hdmi audio. I have hdmiaudio.kext but that's not working for me.

I am running dual monitors on my 8300 CMT without any issues. One is plugged into the DVI port and the other to the HDMI port on the graphics card.

HP Elite 8300 CMT
macOS 10.13.4
System definitions 14,2
16GB RAM
250GB EVO 850 SSD boot disk
4TB HGST data disk
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 950

Last edited:
I think this problem is related the fact that you have to mange your expectations for what this CustoMac is supposed to do. The late 2012 iMac only has a single monitor. macOS and the 13,2 SMBIOS are designed to boot up with that single monitor. To expect booting with 3 monitors connected is fine for a PC running Windows. It does work fine in that scenario.

As I often say, Mac is Mac, PC is PC and never the twain shall meet. It may be possible to boot macOS with 3 monitors connected using a different SMBIOS, but I prefer to use 13,2 for the better CPU PM. Good luck with your search for a solution, I hope that you can find one and share it with the community.

@trs96 so we've got a solution booting this with High Sierra and a GTX 1050 (might want to add this to instructions so those in such a situation may know and confirm):

The solution is simply to enable and use Legacy Support. Following that all three monitors work fine and BOOT FINE after disabling the kernel cache (otherwise you get the "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" startup error).
You'll get lower res clover, but that's seemingly the only "negative" aspect.

I cannot test this for other GeForce cards, so I don't know if this is specific to the 1050 or not, but this is now working for two 8300 workstations here. You'll also notice that another user in the noted thread above solved this by using Legacy Support for his HP Z240 with a GTX 1060.

Last edited:
Anyone updated to 10.13.5? Any issues?

Apologies if there's a "search this thread" and I missed it. Trying to figure out why - for the "deal of the day" - HP 8300 Elite SFF - any of the recommended Wifi cards from buyers guide won't work, and it has to be the adapter-ish ones that let you plug in the Apple mini PCe card?

Like the
Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE

Last edited:
Apologies if there's a "search this thread" and I missed it. Trying to figure out why - for the "deal of the day" - HP 8300 Elite SFF - any of the recommended Wifi cards from buyers guide won't work, and it has to be the adapter-ish ones that let you plug in the Apple mini PCe card?
Which ones from the Buyer's Guide are you referring to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back