Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I installed macOS Sierra and High Sierra on hp8300 with GT 710 2GB LP Graphic card.
in both os I have a similar problem.
when Im working with my Mac suddenly screen goes black.
I left my Mac running for 7 hours without touching it, it didn't have any problem.
when Im using it, it occurs a lot! I should press power button for several seconds to reset.
I installed os like this guide and Im pretty sure it is Graphic problem.
I also tried correct web driver maybe it works! but it has same sudden black screen problem.
it seems the graphic lost sending signal to lcd
what can I do?
thanks in advanced :)

I suspect if the USB device does not show up in the device tree then that is you underlying issue.
Have you done the patches to rename USB ports? I know that is required on the 8300 and I have done it and my Wifi/BT card worked great. Checkout this thread as well, in particular "Rename EHC1 to EH01, rename EHC2 to EH02". I don't know if this is applicable for the 6300.
I have had my EHC1 and EHC2 renamed all along, so I'm assuming thats not the issue. I read in that thread that someone had the same issue but enabled the "media" in the bios and it fixed it. I believe that was on a 8300, I do not see a way to enable in my bios on my 6300.

I have had my EHC1 and EHC2 renamed all along, so I'm assuming thats not the issue. I read in that thread that someone had the same issue but enabled the "media" in the bios and it fixed it. I believe that was on a 8300, I do not see a way to enable in my bios on my 6300.

What section of BIOS was the media setting in on the 8300 ? I think that you mean media 1 and media 2 headers on the HP 6300 motherboard. You can see them in the pic in post #1. Try each one and see if BT works.

Media Headers.jpg

2 media (USB 2) headers on HP 6300 Pro​

Last edited:
This is from pastrychef's 8300 thread, post #543. He was talking about the media ports being disabled, am I way out of bounds thinking something like this is giving me the BT issues?

trs96 said:
Try connecting it to media 2 and see if that works. Have you also done this step:
8. Launch Clover Configurator. Rename EHC1 to EH01 and rename EHC2 to EH02.

I had that already, but the issue it turns out was that the Media ports were disabled in the bios.
I woke up in middle of the night, "make sure connectors are enabled!" went back to sleep.
Checked this morning and is working now, thanks.

it turns out was that the Media ports were disabled in the bios.
I woke up in middle of the night, "make sure connectors are enabled!"
What exactly is the setting called in the BIOS, so others with this issue know what to do ?

Hi, I installed macOS Sierra and High Sierra on hp8300 with GT 710 2GB LP Graphic card.
in both os I have a similar problem.
when Im working with my Mac suddenly screen goes black.
I left my Mac running for 7 hours without touching it, it didn't have any problem.
when Im using it, it occurs a lot! I should press power button for several seconds to reset.
I installed os like this guide and Im pretty sure it is Graphic problem.
I also tried correct web driver maybe it works! but it has same sudden black screen problem.
it seems the graphic lost sending signal to lcd
what can I do?
thanks in advanced :)
I don't have the answer but I have the same problem. It is just monitors going black i.e. music stays playing etc. Interested to follow and find a solution!

I don't have the answer but I have the same problem. It is just monitors going black i.e. music stays playing etc. Interested to follow and find a solution!
tnx. you are using integrated graphic, I thought it might be my discrete graphic card that causes problem.
but now im confused!
it seems we are the only ones have the problem:crazy:

tnx. you are using integrated graphic, I thought it might be my discrete graphic card that causes problem.
but now im confused!
it seems we are the only ones have the problem:crazy:
Ooops apologies I had not updated my build signature. I'm running an RX560 now, so we do have different cards but both discrete. I had previously run the HD4000 onboard with no issues whatsoever for over 12 months (i.e. no black screens).

Hey all, here's an interesting one. I purchased a HP 8300 Elite Ultra Slim Desktop computer yesterday on the cheap with the following specs:

HP Elite 8300 Ultra-slim
i7-3770S 3.10Ghz
8GB RAM
750GB HD
AMD Radeon 7600A
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I previously built a Hackintosh out of on HP Elite 8300 Small Form Factor tower which had PCI slots, etc. and worked like a charm as a mackintosh. But this Ultra Slim model is tiny, and because it was so cheap off CraigsList, I went over and bought it, and because I'm stupid, I didn't realize that according to the guide it wouldn't work. Uh oh.

It has no PCI slots, and the onboard graphics is AMD Radeon 7600A which according to everything I read is not supported. Darn.

But because it already had Windows loaded in, I loaded Windows and checked the graphics properties, and it listed both the AMD Radeon 7600A and Intel HD Graphics 4000. (So maybe the intel graphics are on the i7, and an additional chip AMD Radeon 7600A is on the motherboard?)

Well, I wasn't expecting this hackintosh to work, but I followed the guide steps and just acted like it only had the onboard Intel HD 4000 Graphics...and it worked! Wow. :eek::mrgreen::headbang: Loaded in Sierra and in macOS Sierra, the Mac just shows only the Intel HD Graphics 4000 and ignores the AMD graphics. Have it connected via one of the built-in DisplayPorts and it's working perfectly. Total surprise!

This thing is really really small, (and the funny thing is that the power brick is roughly the size of the entire machine) but I'm just shocked it worked, because the guide shows that it should only work for Newegg models.

Just wanted to pass this info along as a big thanks first, and also possibly an update to the guide is needed? The guide shows the name of this machine as "(Ultra Small Form Factor)" but it's actually officially called the "Ultra Slim" model, and even with the AMD Radeon 7600A graphics, it worked by just injecting Intel graphics at the start like it only had native onboard intel graphics.

Anyway, thanks again for this wonderful guide. I couldn't have done it without it of course. Best guide ever.

Hey all, here's an interesting one. I purchased a HP 8300 Elite Ultra Slim Desktop computer yesterday on the cheap with the following specs:

HP Elite 8300 Ultra-slim
i7-3770S 3.10Ghz
8GB RAM
750GB HD
AMD Radeon 7600A
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I previously built a Hackintosh out of on HP Elite 8300 Small Form Factor tower which had PCI slots, etc. and worked like a charm as a mackintosh. But this Ultra Slim model is tiny, and because it was so cheap off CraigsList, I went over and bought it, and because I'm stupid, I didn't realize that according to the guide it wouldn't work. Uh oh.

It has no PCI slots, and the onboard graphics is AMD Radeon 7600A which according to everything I read is not supported. Darn.

But because it already had Windows loaded in, I loaded Windows and checked the graphics properties, and it listed both the AMD Radeon 7600A and Intel HD Graphics 4000. (So maybe the intel graphics are on the i7, and an additional chip AMD Radeon 7600A is on the motherboard?)

Well, I wasn't expecting this hackintosh to work, but I followed the guide steps and just acted like it only had the onboard Intel HD 4000 Graphics...and it worked! Wow. :eek::mrgreen::headbang: Loaded in Sierra and in macOS Sierra, the Mac just shows only the Intel HD Graphics 4000 and ignores the AMD graphics. Have it connected via one of the built-in DisplayPorts and it's working perfectly. Total surprise!

This thing is really really small, (and the funny thing is that the power brick is roughly the size of the entire machine) but I'm just shocked it worked, because the guide shows that it should only work for Newegg models.

Just wanted to pass this info along as a big thanks first, and also possibly an update to the guide is needed? The guide shows the name of this machine as "(Ultra Small Form Factor)" but it's actually officially called the "Ultra Slim" model, and even with the AMD Radeon 7600A graphics, it worked by just injecting Intel graphics at the start like it only had native onboard intel graphics.

Anyway, thanks again for this wonderful guide. I couldn't have done it without it of course. Best guide ever.
These models are called a few different things in different regions e.g. USFF / USDT etc. But they work great as long as you have a CPU with integrated HD4000 graphics (which you do, and have found). Myself and a number of others are running these machines. It's nice to have dual monitor output from the onboard HD4000.

What is interesting is you have one with an additional graphics, which as I understood was very limited and only using the MXM slot. You could remove the card and it would work the same, and maybe have less power draw (and less complications with setup, maybe).

With the correct adaptor you can run a Broadcom PCIE/BT card internally, OOB with handoff etc supported. You will need to get some aerial leads. There is also a mSATA slot but I would not use that unless really needed, as it is limited in terms of SATA speed. Just get a normal 2.5" SATA drive and run in the caddy. I don't know of any other upgrades you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back