Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I got hold of another PC today, a HP 800 G1 i7. I moved the PCIE card into that and the bios sees it as a boot drive. So our assumption is correct that you cannot boot from PCIE connected M.2 drives on the 8300.

THe G1 is in really nice condition so I might try doing the install in that instead. It's not beat up like the 8300 I have so if I can get it installed then it will be a nicer looking machine overall anyway :)

Try putting your EFI folder on another drive. Once Clover loads, if it sees your PCI drive, you should be able to select and boot from it.

Actually I put the USB installer on to get the G1 to boot and then selected the AHCI SSD and the rest of the install completed. It was an interesting experiment but in reality probably not much faster than a normal SATA drive on a machine like this. I can see the appeal of using them on older mac pro's to get around the slow SATA on those though.

Just a note. You 800 G1 has the Q87 chipset and the 4770 has HD4600 graphics.
Screen Shot 4.jpg

Can I update the BIOS version after installation? I have dual boot system from different drives and will use W10 to update it.
I am not very happy with the sound. Bluetooth sound is temperamental and line out has too much noise. I am thinking to follow Patch your DSDT to enable ALC221 Realtek Audio on the HP 6300/8300 but I have no clue what DSDT is and my BIOS version is 2.83. I will bite the bullet and give it a go but wanted to get your opinion before.What do you think is it worth to update? Is it difficult to work with DSDT? Will BIOS update be a serious issue?
Thanks in advance.

Can I update the BIOS version after installation? I have dual boot system from different drives and will use W10 to update it.
I am not very happy with the sound. Bluetooth sound is temperamental and line out has too much noise. I am thinking to follow Patch your DSDT to enable ALC221 Realtek Audio on the HP 6300/8300 but I have no clue what DSDT is and my BIOS version is 2.83. I will bite the bullet and give it a go but wanted to get your opinion before.What do you think is it worth to update? Is it difficult to work with DSDT? Will BIOS update be a serious issue?
Thanks in advance.

Update your BIOS before patching your DSDT.

If you update your BIOS after patching the DSDT, you may have to do it all again.

I will bite the bullet and give it a go but wanted to get your opinion before.What do you think is it worth to update? Is it difficult to work with DSDT? Will BIOS update be a serious issue?
The newest 3.06 BIOS addresses Spectre and Meltdown vunerabilities. If you are going to update/flash the BIOS that would be recommended. You will probably have to flash to 2.99 first before you can go to 3.06. That's what HP states. When flashing BIOS connect to a backup power supply first if your electrical grid you connect to is unreliable. If the power would go out during the flashing process at worst you'd need to buy a new motherboard for the equivalent of 20 USD from Ebay.

If you have no idea what DSDT is do some research/study before trying to patch it. You really need to know what you're doing there. Definitely correct the DSDT after you have flashed up to 3.06 successfully.

If you or anyone else wants the 3.06.BIN file I've attached it to this post in the High Sierra guide. When flashing from within Windows of course, you need the .exe file instead.

Last edited:
13,1 is good for that system. Are you trying to do the initial install with Unibeast ? Have you already installed High Sierra and run Multibeast ?

Was skipping the USB install step. With Unibeast tool I was able to install High Sierra 10.13.3. However, HD4000 graphics not too good. Google chrome browser must start w/o graphics acceleration. Google chrome browser flickers. Anyone else have this?

The video shows the install of the mausi v2.3.0 ethernet patch, however, the screenshot in the guide uses 2.2.0. Which is preferred? I'm up and running, but feel like my network speeds are lower than they should be.

The newest 3.06 BIOS addresses Spectre and Meltdown vunerabilities. If you are going to update/flash the BIOS that would be recommended. You will probably have to flash to 2.99 first before you can go to 3.06. That's what HP states. When flashing BIOS connect to a backup power supply first if your electrical grid you connect to is unreliable. If the power would go out during the flashing process at worst you'd need to buy a new motherboard for the equivalent of 20 USD from Ebay.

If you have no idea what DSDT is do some research/study before trying to patch it. You really need to know what you're doing there. Definitely correct the DSDT after you have flashed up to 3.06 successfully.

If you or anyone else wants the 3.06.BIN file I've attached it to this post in the High Sierra guide. When flashing from within Windows of course, you need the .exe file instead.

I have updated BIOS to 3.06 uneventfully. As you have stated you need to update to 2.99 first and than 3.06. HP's Windows update utility has stuck multiple times and used BIOS's Flash ROM utility. I have prayed not to have a power cut. It has not happened luckily :)

I will study about DSDT. See how it goes.

Hello

I need some assistance tonight. I installed all the new updates for 10.12.6 (now 16G1314) and my NVidia Web video 378.05.05.25f06 is no longer compatible. Fixes or ideas? Is there an update?

Is it safe to use Time Machine to roll back a few hours prior to installing the Security Update 2018-002 ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.38.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.38.46 PM.png
    43 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back