Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which video you are referring to, but, yes, you can make RadeonDeInit=True OR install WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext. Choose one or the other, not both.

Sorry. I forgot the link.

But basically this needs to be added?

<key>Graphics</key>
< dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>

<key>Graphics</key>
< dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>
Or you can run MultiBeast for High Sierra, just selecting the following:
Customization > Graphics Configuration > AMD Graphics Fixup
Build > Install​
and reboot when MultiBeast's installation is completed.

<key>Graphics</key>
< dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>

Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
   <dict>
       <key>EDID</key>
       <dict>
           <key>Inject</key>
           <false/>
           <key>ProductID</key>
           <string>0x9C7c</string>
       </dict>
       <key>Inject</key>
       <dict>
           <key>ATI</key>
           <false/>
           <key>Intel</key>
           <false/>
           <key>NVidia</key>
           <false/>
       </dict>
       <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
       <true/>
   </dict>

OK here is an odd one maybe someone else has seen. Today I managed to get hold of some 128GB Samsung AHCI M.2 SSD's. So I've put one in my 8300 on a DT-120 PCIE adapter. I'm using the same installer USB ( but with all the drives removed other than the m.2 drive) and the install keeps getting stuck at about 1/3 complete. Is there something I need to do extra on the USB installer, or am I doing something else wrong here?

OK here is an odd one maybe someone else has seen. Today I managed to get hold of some 128GB Samsung AHCI M.2 SSD's. So I've put one in my 8300 on a DT-120 PCIE adapter. I'm using the same installer USB ( but with all the drives removed other than the m.2 drive) and the install keeps getting stuck at about 1/3 complete. Is there something I need to do extra on the USB installer, or am I doing something else wrong here?

Boot verbose, take a picture (or video) where it stops and post it here.

I'll try that tomorrow, didn't get much chance tonight. I moved the PCI card to another slot, and it got further, went through the install, but then on reboot went back to the beginning as if nothing had been installed. I moved the PCI card back and again it did the same and seemed to be working, then on reboot clover doesn't show it. But during the install it's a selectable install target. The bios doesn't seem to see the SSD either so I'm wondering if this board and bios can't boot from a PCIE connected SSD even if it's an AHCI card. Or maybe clover needs some different settings on the USB to work with PCIE storage.

I'll try that tomorrow, didn't get much chance tonight. I moved the PCI card to another slot, and it got further, went through the install, but then on reboot went back to the beginning as if nothing had been installed. I moved the PCI card back and again it did the same and seemed to be working, then on reboot clover doesn't show it. But during the install it's a selectable install target. The bios doesn't seem to see the SSD either so I'm wondering if this board and bios can't boot from a PCIE connected SSD even if it's an AHCI card. Or maybe clover needs some different settings on the USB to work with PCIE storage.

If BIOS doesn't see it and you can't select it as your primary boot drive, you may have to install your EFI folder on another drive and rely on Clover to boot from the PCI-e drive.

The 8300 was first built and sold in 2012 when there were no M.2 SSDs for sale. So it is likely that limitation exists. I don't believe there would be much speed advantage gained by using an AHCI SSD via the PCI-e X1 slot. It will be interesting to see if you can get it to work by loading Clover from another SSD first.

Last edited:
OK so I got hold of another PC today, a HP 800 G1 i7. I moved the PCIE card into that and the bios sees it as a boot drive. So our assumption is correct that you cannot boot from PCIE connected M.2 drives on the 8300.

THe G1 is in really nice condition so I might try doing the install in that instead. It's not beat up like the 8300 I have so if I can get it installed then it will be a nicer looking machine overall anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back